Chapter 6: Hearts & Storms

King was in the car returning home from the trip with the Centauri pack. Bone swiftly drove through the city streets and into the secluded property through the forest area arriving at his manor soon.

The rush of desire was still his blood; in his bones and in his soul from when he kissed Klaus on the Ferris-wheel. King wasn't going to make such a move, rather he was going to take it slow and control himself and his raging need to mark Klaus. But in that dark pod, high up in the sky, King couldn't resist those beautiful green eyes. Klaus didn't even know what he got himself into when he had accepted King's kiss and begged for more without using words but his lips. King could still feel the burn lingering on his own lips from soft caress of his mate. And then when his control couldn't get any worse, Klaus had innocently invited King over for dinner. King still laughed when he remembered what he was about to do to Klaus in front of everyone for being so adorable.

"Stop smiling so much," Bone remarked, "you're scaring me."

King's smile dropped. He turned to his side and glared at Bone who was chuckling at his own joke.

"So, do you regret going to this trip, master?" Bone asked after.

"No," King rested his head against the seat. "I don't regret it at all." King didn't have it in him to regret anything he did with Klaus, even if it was sharing ice-cream from one bowl, he agreed to anything now.

"Did the kids like the surprise to the park?" inquired Bone.

King closed his eyes, resting them. "Yeah, they did," he answered. "I enjoyed it too." He hid his tender smile from the world and didn't know when he had dozed off to the lull of the car's engine.

"We've arrived, sire," Bone's voice pulled King out of his daze.

King got out of the car, he hooked his suit's jacket over his shoulder and got into his house. Bone unlocked the door and took King's jacket from his hands. King didn't bother with dinner or anything else since he was exhausted from being out all day. The Centauri pack had worked King all day and he needed nothing more expect his bed.

"Goodnight, master," Bone said behind him.

"It most certainly was, Bone," King smiled again.

He returned to his bedroom, that had a cold gale in the air which wasn't as pleasant as King used to recognize before. The ruthless cold had become King's best friend when he spent his time in those lifeless cages. King stripped off the layers of his clothes and his whole body could still sense Klaus's bond bleeding into his bones, like it had branded itself to King. He took a long shower, he lazily waited under the spray of the burning hot water that turned his skin raw. But it hadn't worked, nothing stopped the dire urge in his body and wolf to claim their mate.

King got out of the water that wasn't helping him relax his arousal, it was making it worse. He dried off his wet body and got into the cold sheets of his bed. He laid back on the massive mattress, wondering how long he'd be able to resist Klaus...

 He laid back on the massive mattress, wondering how long he'd be able to resist Klaus