Chapter 11: Together

The Centauri wolves crowded the VIP hospital room, that was spacious and brightly lit with golden florescent lighting. Beside the beds, were two humidifiers brimming a bright shade of purple, they'd turn blue as swirls of steam blew from the nozzle at the top.

Two beds had been moved into the same area, so the nurses and doctor could monitor King and Zero together. Gabriel, Hunter and River stood with Dr. Stone who was a tall woman with pitch-black hair, which was tied back away from her stern expression. She stared at the gunshot wounds in front of her without the slightest impression of horror or angst. It's no surprise since she's seen quite a lot of wounds like this during her time working for the Centauri pack. Gabriel had personally hired her to help them during times like this. And since then, her loyalties were unquestionable.

Dr. Stone patched up the wounds on King's shoulder and bicep. The nurses had put a brace to hold his arm in place to ensure that he had a speedy recovery. With his wolf's rejuvenation skills, they all knew that it'd take less than a few days.

Klaus stood placidly next to Bone who had also arrived when he heard the news about his master's careless actions. Klaus had never seen Bone show any expression, but right now, the blank man glared furiously and so did Klaus. Everyone else had calmed down; his family had tried their best to pacify Klaus and Bone, but it didn't help. How could it? thought Klaus, when the one they both dearly love was bleeding to death a few moments ago.

Klaus averted his eyes from King who was resting back on the bed. Klaus could feel it like a laser shooting through his head, that King's curious gaze was on Klaus. Except, Klaus was too livid to look at King right now, and if he had, he would've snapped or worse punched the hell out of the man.

"You two should refrain from any form of intense exercise, otherwise your stitches will tear," warned Dr. Stone. "I'll give both of you pain-killers and antibiotics, and the most you can do now is sleep it off. You'll heal faster that way."

"Thank you, Dr. Stone," said Gabriel.

Dr. Stone's hard blue eyes regarded King and Zero. "Do I even want to ask how you got shot?" she commented.

None of them answered.

Dr. Stone shook her head and gave the bloody bandages to the nurse on the side who was patiently waiting like the rest of them too.

The silence in the room was crackling like when fire ate wood, but Klaus didn't care since all his attention was still on the memory from earlier. Klaus had his suspicions that King would confront Marcello, but he didn't think that it'd be without back-up or without him by his side.

Klaus had woken up to his phone going off non-stop, he would've ignored it but when he saw Zero's caller-ID, he bolted out of bed and ran to Gabriel before anyone else. However, it seemed that everyone had gotten the call and were already out of bed, ready to go to King's aid. Klaus barely had the time to put on a warm sweater to fight the chilling dawn breeze. However, after he saw King bleeding to death, a mere gust of cold wind did nothing to the bone-wrenching tremble he felt in his body.

"Get me more gauzes-" Dr. Stone's voice interrupted Klaus's thoughts. The short nurse handed what was asked. "You can leave, Stacy," Dr. Stone quietly instructed the nurse who was glad to run away from the intimidating group of wolves. Dr. Stone moved to help Zero patch up her stitches and clean her bloodied skin, that had a scar no matter where her torso was exposed.

The door closed and now Gabriel spoke.

"What did Marcello want from you?" he asked.