Chapter 22: Angel Baby

Klaus awoke to the shower running in his bathroom. He didn't have to open his eyes to know that it was King who had woken up early to get dressed for the day...

Klaus's eyes snapped open.

He looked over at the alarm clock on the side of the bed and it told him (in bright red) that it was eight thirty in the morning. Klaus shoved the blanket aside and intruded on King in the shower.

He wouldn't have believed anyone if they told him that King had woken up early on his own, but Klaus saw it with his own eyes. "You woke up?" he astounded.

King must have heard his voice when the water turned off, and a few moments later, the glass door slid open and King emerged. "Yes, baby, I did," he answered back idly. He grabbed the towel off the rack and wrapped it around his drenching wet waist.

"But it's so early," Klaus puzzled, because he was sure that maybe King didn't know about the time, which was why he was awake.

King shrugged a shoulder. "Sometimes, I like to see the sunrise," he said, as he came up to Klaus and leaned into him. He surrounded Klaus with fresh forest pine body-wash and dark aftershave. King's hair was slicked back from being wet. The cool water, which hadn't been dried off his body glistened like little droplets of diamonds against his bronzed, tattooed skin. Klaus wondered what the water would taste like if he licked it off his skin. Instantly, Klaus felt himself flush a bright red for thinking such an absurdly ardent thought.

He cleared his throat. "I should get ready too," Klaus said as he turned away.

King didn't move away though. "You seem tense," he observed keenly.

"Tense? Me?" he said. Klaus shook his head. "Nope, not at all. It has nothing to do with you."

King tilted his head. "I meant maybe it's because we have to meet Robert today," he corrected.

Realization hit Klaus. "Oh, right," he said and regretted not going with that excuse. "No, I'm fine with that. I just want to get this day over with, that's all."

King nodded. "I get that," he said.

Klaus attempted to move aside, so he could take a shower, but once again, King didn't let him. "I should probably take a shower too," he told King. He looked at King who seemed to be grinning with amusement. "Um, is something wrong?" he asked, which was a mistake indeed.

King's eyes gleamed with trouble; they always did when they had plotted away something crafty, which Klaus knew that he couldn't handle it.

King lifted his hand, he laid it over Klaus's cheek and the pad of his thumb caressed Klaus's lower lip. "Why did you tense up earlier?" King asked.

"No reason," Klaus answered too quickly.

"Is that so," King said coyly. King definitely didn't believe Klaus at all. "It wasn't because I'm standing in a towel. Naked and defenceless, right?"

Klaus's brows shot up. "You, defenceless? That's new," he astounded. "I'm more defenceless than you even with my clothes on."

King nodded. "That's true," he agreed vainly. "So, what's on your mind then that you're blushing now?"

Klaus couldn't hide the shock on his face. He laughed awkwardly; "I'm not blushing," he quickly scurried away and turned the shower on, so the water would heat up to the right temperature.

"Klaus," King called out and Klaus had no choice but to turn around and face him. "Lying to me is going to get you punished-" King raked a hand through the stubborn strands, that kept falling over his forehead. His sapphire eyes flamed alive with a carnal desire as he eyed Klaus- "Now, are you going to tell me the truth or continue lying?"