Chapter 7: Heart to Heart

Klaus stood in the kitchen, eyes on the door, as Hunter was being dragged into the house with Ryder who was laughing the whole way inside. He searched for King who returned with Vincent by his side. Klaus eased a little bit and was glad to that his family was getting along with King. Klaus regretted being worried in the first place, because he knew that his family always looked at a person's heart and not their deeds.

Vincent had returned from work, he was dressed in a camel colour suit and buttoned down white shirt. As always, he looked seamlessly groomed and impeccable. "Here, Klaus," Vincent strolled into the kitchen and nudged King towards him.

Klaus looked at King with a little concern. "Are you okay?" he asked softly because Hunter could be pretty scary when he wanted to be intimidating.

King's electric blue eyes seemed unbothered. "Never been better," he supposed, then turned towards the mess on the counter. "What are you cooking?" he asked.

Klaus mood flipped and he beamed. "Lasagna," he announced proudly. "Centauri style."

Vincent sat on the stool in front of them with a green apple in his hand. "Once you get a taste, you'll never want any other," he told King. Vincent bit into the crisp fruit as a playful grin played on his lips.

"It's a family recipe that took me a while to perfect," Klaus shared.

"Can't wait to try it then," said King, as he leaned his lower-back against the counter. King looked down at his watch. "It's a bit early for dinner though. Will you start right now?"

"I have to start now," he answered. "The sauce needs to cook for a good while."

Ryder and Hunter came into the kitchen. "Klaus, you're read my mind," said Ryder, as he came over to the table. "I was craving your lasagna since last week."

"Seems like I'm not the only one," said Gabriel who arrived in the kitchen too. Sabrina was not too far behind as she clambered down the stairs and joined them.

"King!" she came over with arms wide open. "So glad that you could join us." Sabrina hugged him and came over to Klaus. "Don't tell me you're making lasagna," her mint-green eyes glimmered with love. "Oh, I love you so much, Klaus."

Ryder chuckled. "We're crowding the poor guy," he said.

Klaus really was surrounded by everyone. He had to go through a maze just to get to the fridge. "Dinner's in four hours," he told them. "All of you need to give me some room, so I can cook." But as usual, the rowdy bunch didn't listen. They wanted to sit in the kitchen and watch Klaus cook their deliciously traditional lasagna.

"We should ask Hailey to bake dessert too," suggested Vincent.

"Guys-" Klaus was interrupted again.

"Ooh, a cake sounds really good right now," said Sabrina.

"Chocolate cake," Ryder and Gabriel spoke at the same time, that Klaus couldn't find a way to get his voice in.

Suddenly, King announced; "Everyone!" the room grew quiet and gaped at King. "Leave, now."

"Wow," said Vincent shaking his head as he slipped off the stool. "He's a terrifying fellow."

Ryder laughed harder. "Don't worry, he'll loosen up," he declared as he left the kitchen with Vincent too.

"Where's Viola and Hailey?" Sabrina asked.