The Promise

Naruto POV

"Neji~" I whined.

"Naruto~" he mocked, laughing after I huffed and puffed out my cheeks.

I groaned and tried to get out of his arms again with no avail.

"Listen, Naruto," he began, getting a little serious, "when your own strength isn't enough, you must channel your chakra"

I scoffed and looked back at him incredulously.

"Well I know that. It was like the first thing we learned in training. Plus my chakra is all used out. We've been training for hours."

He stifled a laugh and pulled me further into him.

"Your omega's chakra"

I choked on my spit and gave him another look.

"Are you serious? Neji you know that for foxes..." I trailed off.

"I know, Naruto, but I can control myself. You must train with your omega's chakra as well. Just focus on getting out of my grasp, okay?"

I stayed silent for a while, a bit hesitant. When a person uses their own chakra and exhausts it, they can use their inner animal's chakra. That animal could be an omega or alpha. Usually using your animal's chakra doesn't cause anything to happen except for you having a little reserve of stronger chakra to use in a situation. For foxes though, specifically nine tailed foxes like me, their chakra sends out this type of tantalizing scent that makes anyone near the user or the person who the chakra is being focused at feel a strong desire. Whether that desire be to kill, mate, or hop on one foot, that is all up to the fox. Learning to control the command of the chakra is the issue. 

I went limp in Neji's arms as a relaxed and calm feeling passed over me. Neji must've sensed my distress because he released his calming pheromones to soothe me.

"T-That's not fair, N-Neji." I whined. I felt like I was half asleep.

"You were worrying, my little kitsune. I simply had to calm you. Now try it."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, summoning only a bit of my omega's chakra. I easily broke my arms free from Neji's hold and jumped to a branch of a nearby tree.

As soon as I landed, I disabled the chakra and snapped around to look to see if Neji was alright. I didn't know what my chakra had forced him to do. Looking down, I didn't see him anywhere on the ground, so I began to look around more frantically. I was about to jump down and call for him but strong arms wrapping tightly around my waist from behind stopped me.

Blushing furiously, I tried to move away from him, but he wouldn't let me. He pulled me closer into him and buried his face into my neck from behind.

"I told you I could control myself... but Naruto... I want you... so, so bad." he said in a low tone.

I felt his nose tickle the bottom of my ear as he slid his tongue down the side of my neck.

"No, Neji you know we can't-"

At the speed of light, one of his hands released from around my waist and gripped my throat, pulling me back into him even more.

"I'm not marking you, Naruto, so at least be grateful for that."

"I-I know, Neji, but-"

"But what? Just let me temporarily scent you, Naru... It'll only last for a few weeks. Plus, it'll make those other alphas understand that I will be the one to mark you and make you mine."

I whimpered as his hand tightened around my throat, not allowing me to respond to him. He was sure to press just in the right spots so that I could breathe but just not anything else.

Why and how did I always end up in this kind of situation?

I pushed him back as much as I could with my hands, but it wasn't much considering how strong he was and the position he had me in. The thing was, I didn't mind being mated by Neji nor the rest of the alphas, but I knew if I accepted one, then I would have to accept them all. I couldn't possibly choose just one...

Neji's response to me pushing him back was a growl and he pulled me impossibly closer to him. So close that I could feel his hardness rubbing against me.

I looked up at him with a pleading look and his eyes flashed back to normal for a second before turning even darker. It even seemed that he became even harder than before. Man, aren't alphas just the most sadistic little-

He groaned before releasing his tight hold on me.

"I'm not," he grunted once more, "going to do anything to you, Naruto. I couldn't do anything to you without your permission even if I wanted to."

I looked back at Neji and met his eyes. They were now back to their normal color, and he was looking down at me with the most apologetic smile I'd ever seen. Tears rose to my eyes as I sniffed and turned around, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"Oi! What's wrong?! Did I really take it too far? I'm so so-"

I cut him off with a small head shake, rubbing all of my tears onto his shirt.

"Thanks, Neji" I mumbled into his chest.

He crooned from deep in his chest and wrapped his arms around me to hug me back. He rested his chin on the top of my head.

"It's nothing, my little kitsune"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter. I just wanted to get something published 😅

Stay well☝️