Chapter 2: Jessie's Girl

"Me?!" Dean exclaims. "What the hell are you doing here? And what the hell is with the friggin'," he raises the pitch of his voice to imitate, "'bloody' accent?"

Eyes narrowing on him, she growls back, "It's called a sodding cover, you twat. You know, so I can bloody well keep from getting nipped by the coppers."

Dean waves it away, annoyed by her continued insistence in using the accent. "Okay. Right now, I don't even care about that. What I want to know is how you're alive and why you didn't bloody tell me, Tabitha Mary Winchester!"

She sneers at the way he imitates her accent, but when his words finally register in her mind, she slowly and soberly asks, "What do you mean? You didn't know I was alive?"

"No! I thought you were dead!" Dean exclaims. After calming himself, he looks her up and down, then glances over his shoulder to say, "You do realize you were staring at our sister's legs, don't you, Sam? That's messed up."

Before Dean can continue, she looks past his shoulder and spots her younger brother. Hands flying to her mouth, she sobs incredulously, "Sam?!"

Shoving past her older brother, she steps out onto the covered porch with them. Sam awkwardly holds his arms out to receive the hug he'd been anticipating. But blinks when he gets a face-full of water thrown at him instead.

"Not a demon," he drolly informs her, hand sloshing the water away as she redeposits a flask he hadn't noticed back into the inner pocket of her leather coat. Before she can move onto another test, he slips out a silver blade, slicing his arm before dramatically displaying the bleeding but otherwise normal wound. "Not a shapeshifter either."

Her face finally crumples as she pulls him down into a hug. Which he stands uncomfortably for on the receiving end.

When she pushes away again, she angrily rounds on her older brother, shoving his shoulder as she shouts without the accent, "How long has he been back?! Why the hell didn't you tell me?"

Rubbing his shoulder, he shouts back, "Why?! Oh, gee, I dunno. Maybe because I just found out that you're back too! A little heads up on that would have been nice. You know, a 'Hi. How you doing? How you handling the deaths of all your remaining family?!'"

She falls back a step in surprise at his angry shout. "I assumed Castiel would have told you," she comments in a soft voice.

That really gets Dean's attention. In shock, he repeats, "'Castiel?!' Cas knew? You've been in contact with that feathered asshole this whole time?!"

"Well, no. I just saw him that night. You know, after everything. We haven't spoken since or seen each other since. But Bobby knows, too. I mean, he and I have never talked or anything either, but shortly after I stopped to settle down in town here, that showed up sitting outside my apartment." She jerks her thumb over her shoulder to indicate down the street where her mustang sits. Newly painted purple now with a black stripe, but still clearly the same one she and Bobby rebuilt together years before.

"We haven't spoken, but every few months I see him covertly driving by at night, checking up on me I guess." She pauses before a scowl of anger returns. "Wait a minute. How long has Sam been back? Did Bobby know about that?"

"Yeah, and kept that from me, too," Dean snaps visibly fuming at all that had been kept from him in the past year plus.

"That sonofabitch," Tabitha growls, digging into her jean pocket for her phone, intent on giving the older hunter a piece of her mind for leaving her in the dark about her younger brother being alive. "I can't believe he never told me that Sam was out, too," she grumbles to herself punching buttons on her phone.