Chapter 13: I've Got Nothing on My Mind

"Mmm," Tabitha hums, pressing one last kiss to Castiel's lips before pulling away again.

Her lips tease upwards as she fights smiling when Castiel pouts almost boyishly, reaching for her hand when she tries to extract herself from his arms, backing up towards the door.

"I have to go," she tells him, her smile turning into a full laugh when his pout turns into a petulant frown. "Seriously, Cas. I really have to go this time. No more, 'Just one more time.' If I'm gone much longer, the boys will wake up and wonder where I've been."

She'd already let Castiel pull her back into bed once when she'd started to leave, and then she'd turned back once after that when his disappointed scowl was too much to resist.

This time however, she knows she can't tarry again. Not even just to steal another kiss. Which she knows too well will only turn into more. Just like the previous two times.

"Perhaps you should finally tell your brothers what we've been doing," he suggest in a deep, but tentative rumble.

She pauses in picking up her leather coat from just inside the motel room door, but swings it over her shoulders before turning to face the angel. He's already fully dressed by the time she faces him. The way his clothing simply reappears in place is still something that baffles her…and makes her slightly jealous.

"Do you have any idea the shit storm that would start with Dean?" she replies, pausing to straighten his tie a bit. Finding it too out of character on the angel, she loosens it and cocks it to the side again.

"A 'shit storm' is a bad thing?" he asks, frowning as he stares at the floor.

"Yeah," she snorts, turning away again and pulling her hair out from under the collar of her black leather coat. "Think lots of plucked feathers," she suggests helpfully.

"If the world is going to plunge into the Apocalypse anyway, what do we have to fear from your brothers?" he asks, his voice taking on a dark, desperate note she's never heard from the angel before.

Stepping closer, she rests her hands on the angel's shoulders. "Hey," she sighs, trying to gain his attention. "We will figure this out, Cas. We'll stop the Apocalypse. Somehow. You, me, and my brothers. We'll find a way."

The angel averts his eyes, focusing instead on something over her shoulder as he works his jaw.

Before she loses her nerve, she asks, "Why the sudden urge to come clean with my brothers? I thought we'd settled into an easy routine of meeting up when we can both slip away from their notice, and keeping it under wraps. Why the desire to tell them now…about whatever this is we're doing?"

His jaw works back and forth as he silently grinds his teeth. And then his eyes drop down to the space at their feet as he whispers in confession, "I don't know. It just doesn't seem…right."

Tabitha slides her hands up and down the lapels of Castiel's trench coat, hoping the action will be enough to get him to look up into her eyes again. If she can just catch a glimpse of his eyes, she thinks she might have a clue about what's going on under that wavy brown hair.

When he still doesn't look up, she sighs and asks, "And just what would we tell them, Cas? I don't want to be that girl that gets needy and wants to know where things are going. Hell…I've liked things the way they are. Undefined. But at the same time…the possibilities unlimited. I'm not sure I want to define it right now. If we define it…that puts an end to the possibilities."