Epilogue

As Sebastian buttoned up the blazer he was wearing, he couldn't help the stray tears that escaped. Going to a funeral was not in the list of things he had wanted to do this summer. The raid on the Serpents' Den had gone terribly wrong at the last possible minute. Every minute, every second he had spent in the hospital was etched into his mind. That day had taught him something very important. 

Family was foremost. You never know when the people you love might be snatched away.

A knock on the door distracted him from his grieving as he uttered a soft 'come in'. The door opened and the girl beyond it smiled sadly as though picking up on his thoughts. The black somber dress she was wearing fell till her knees as she shut the door softly behind her. Still giving him a soft smile, she strode forward and fixed his tie. She chuckled lowly as she pulled it open before retying it properly.

"We need to go, Seb. The boys are downstairs." She reminded him and he let out a heavy breath as he took her hand.

"What would I do without you, Rose?" He asked her softly, his eyes shining with adoration as he looked into the eyes of the girl he had fallen for in his first year of college.

"I'd imagine you would be exactly the same as you are right now." She laughed and took his hand, pulling me down the stairs. The others were gathered at the bottom of the staircase with Dalia and Samuel deep in conversation. Over the last few weeks, Dalia had become a part of the family. While she was already like a sister to most of us, there was definitely something more between her and Samuel. Sebastian believed that if there was anyone Samuel would settle down with, it would be her.

"Are you all ready?" Samuel asked and we nodded and a voice carried over the others.

"Wait for me!" The girl huffed as she pushed through the crowd to stand beside Andre. "If you had forgotten me, I would have never forgiven you."

"How could we ever forget you, Lex?" Samuel answered with a chuckle and everyone smiled at the girl who had almost died.(I got you, didn't I?)

Flashback

Lexi fell to the floor, her palms pressed against her stomach. Sebastian had immediately pulled the gun on the man who had shot her and the bullet was in his knee before he could even blink. While the family of boys rushed towards the girl, the assailant was dragged away from the scene by some guards. Everyone congregated around the girl as blood gushed out of the wound. An ambulance pulled in at that very moment and Dalia and Liam rode with her to the hospital, their expressions grim and closed off as they tried not to imagine the worst case scenario.

All of them ran into the hospital and settled into the waiting room, praying to every god they knew to spare their sister. Their light. It was too painful to think about the other outcome. It would tear them apart.

It was after an agonising 10 hours of surgery that the doctor came to tell them that she was out of danger but had slipped into a coma. Though everyone had been happy to hear that she was out of danger, they were still fearful. What if she decided not to wake up? 

Liam had been the one to take it the hardest. He hadn't left her side at all in two weeks except to shower and change his clothes which took all of 25 minutes. Aiden, Andre and Sebastian had given him company and all of them stayed there 24/7. Jayden was in another room, recovering from the gunshot wound in his shoulder while Hayden was going to a therapist for PTSD  which was apparent after he woke up screaming in the middle of the night for three days straight. 

It had been a normal night when she had decided to wake up. Liam was sleeping with his head on the bed beside her arm when he felt somebody run their fingers through his hair. He had jerked upright and almost fallen out of the chair when he saw her sitting up in bed.

"Hey." She whispered hoarsely and he could only stare in shock, still not believing his eyes. He had dreamed about this too often for it to feel like reality

"Hey."

She looped her arm with Liam's and he looked down at her with love and complete adoration as they headed to the cars. The funeral was for their Dad who had a heart attack a few days after Lexi had come home. All natural causes. Though everyone had been devastated, they had come to terms with his death. Samuel and Damian had taken over as the heads of various companies and had also taken up guardianship of the younger ones. Dalia had taken over the Serpents as the new leader and was slowly getting rid of some of the more evil trades and soon hoped to have a more legal than illegal gang. Even her own gang was almost completely legal with the weapon's trade being the only thing remotely illegal. The people under her adore her and she was happy where she was in life.

Sebastian had gotten the girl he loved. When Rose had heard what happened, she had marched to the hospital and after making sure that Lexi was fine, she had turned to Sebastian and kissed him full on the lips. They had been going out since.

All the information that Alexis, Aiden and Dalia had compiled was enough to sentence Miles to a lifetime in prison. No one was really torn up about that. Thankfully, he had turned 18 before he had done most of the things and could not get off with a reduced statement.

Everyone was happy. It was perfect.

Sure, life may have a few bumps on the road but in the end, all that mattered is that the scenery had been beautiful.

And that's a wrap. This book is done and finished. It was a bumpy journey but we made it. We are at the end. And I have loved every comment on this story. It means a lot to me that you guys stuck with me. Thank you for everything.

Till the next time you decide to click on one of my books. 

Love you all. 

Goodbye.

Adios.

Au revoir.

अलविदा

αντιο σας

さよなら

P.S I don't think there will be any more books with these characters but if you guys want some extra chapters, pm me with ideas or comment on this chapter.