Chapter 21: Betrayal

Rosie groaned as I turned around and faced Sebastian who had eyes only for my friend. I snickered at the look of loathing she sent him but he didn't even glance at me.

"Why don't you take a hint, Garcia? I told you that I am not going to go out with you! This will be the 467th time I will be saying no." She replied and I watched the scene with amusement wishing that I had popcorn. Sebastian let out a dramatic sigh as he ran a hand through his hair.

"You will say yes someday, Evans. I'll wait for you." He said as he took her hand and bowed, kissing her knuckles like a perfect gentleman. She rose an eyebrow at his antics before rolling her eyes. I was shaking with silent laughter as I filmed the entire encounter. Sebastian sighed as he was going to walk away and I saw genuine sadness in his eyes which made me sober up immediately. He was turning away when I finally cut in.

"So what am I, Seb? Chopped liver?" I asked him with mock hurt and a grin came over his face as he looked at me. He stepped forward and gave me a hug which I gladly returned while Rosie looked on in curiousity and something I couldn't place.

"You know Evans, Lex?" He asked me and I smiled at him and turned to Rosie.

"Rosie, meet my brother, Sebastian. Sebastian, meet my best girl friend, Rose." I introduced them and Rosie looked horrified and a little...hopeful?

"How can someone as sweet as you be related to him? He's an arrogant idiot!" She exclaimed and I saw Seb force a chuckle from beside me. Anyone else couldn't have noticed that it was fake but when you live with a guy 24/7, you start to notice things. I felt a surge of protectiveness flare through me. Rosie didn't seem to notice it either and I grabbed Seb's hand as I answered her.

"We found out very recently that we were related. We have a lot to catch up on. Nosotros vamos a hablar más tarde, sebastián." I commented lightly and Sebastian nodded before departing. Rose gave me a curious glance but didn't say anything. I just shrugged and continued regaling her with the events of the past 2 months. She didn't say much but just listened. Liam joined us a few minutes later and we danced to a few songs and socialised. It was around midnight when we could finally leave. We piled into the cars, too tired to talk and I fell asleep leaning against Liam's shoulder, who shifted to put an arm around me as we slept. I smiled when I cast one last look at my siblings.

I loved my family.

But I couldn't trust them completely yet. I was hurt too many times by people I trusted to trust easily.

Liam gently shook me awake when we reached the house and all of us staggered up to our rooms. Liam was asked to stay for the night in one of the guest rooms and I bid goodbye to him before dragging myself into my room. I just barely managed to change into a hoodie and soft shorts before collapsing in the bed and letting sleep take over.

It was a pity I wasn't alert enough to see the guilty expression my family wore except for Andre. It would have saved me the sting of betrayal.

I woke up to a blaring alarm from my phone. I jumped up immediately and silenced the alarm before pulling out my work laptop. I logged in and almost immediately found the hacker trying to hack into my personal file that I had compiled for security and insurance reasons. I growled involuntarily as I tracked the person trying to hack into my files. When I saw the location of the hacker, my eyes grew wide in disbelief before anger pulsed through my veins. How dare they! Especially after last time.

I grabbed the laptop and stormed out of my room. Aiden, who had been leaving his room at  the same time looked up at me with wide eyes but I ignored him and walked over to Hayden's room. I threw open the door and all the boys inside jumped. All of them, including Dad and except Andre, were in the room and Hayden was the one who had been trying to hack into my files. I wasn't just angry.

I was livid.

"How dare you?" I growled and they cringed back. I was about to continue when Aiden cut me off by putting a hand on my shoulder.

"What happened?" He asked me calmly but the anger did not dissipate even slightly. 

"They tried to hack into my personal file to find out what we were hiding! Do you really think that 'Maria Rodriguez' will not have security measures put up! How daft can you be? I told you that you just had to trust me and trust that I will tell you. Do you have any idea what kind of trouble you can get in if I told you about my past?-" I was cut off by Aiden putting a hand on my mouth and cutting me off. I glared at him and bit his hand causing him to howl in pain. He glared at me as I glared back before his eyes softened.

"Chérie, I asked them to look at our personal files. I think that we should tell them. They are family after all. I don't think that it will endanger them." He said and I felt all the blood drain from my face. My brother, the only one I had trusted, betrayed me? The one person I trusted to understand crushed my trust? I stumbled away from him as he reached towards me and a flash of hurt ran across his face as I gathered myself.

"Oh no, Mister. You are not allowed to be hurt. Do you have any idea what you could have done? How do you think Liam was stabbed? He went to a freaking tea party and slipped and impaled himself on a knife, did he? Do you remember that accident Logan and I were in? It was planned. Logan had head trauma and had an aneurysm because he had information. He was murdered because he knew! Murdered, Aiden. Do you think anybody is safe if they know the secret? The only reason we are alive is because we are holding something over them but they will not even blink before killing all of them. You. Are. Mental. If. You. Think. They. Will. Hesitate." I finished breathing heavily. Aiden looked like he had been slapped and I saw Liam and Andre standing behind him over his shoulder. Their expression was grim, angry and horrified and immediately the hurt of being betrayed hit me. I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye.

Ooooh Drama! The main event is coming everyone and trust me it will be awesome.

On a side note, who is your favourite brother? 

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it!!!!