Chapter 14: Trust

I stiffened immediately along with Aiden, Liam and Levi.

"That is none of your business." Aiden replied coolly to Samuel's question. I knew immediately that everything was about to blow up.

Samuel and Sebastian grew red in the face while the others glared at Aiden. Sebastian opened his mouth to retaliate but I cut him off.

"Cálmate hermano. All Aiden means is that we had rough pasts. And since they are intertwined, if we tell you one story you know the others' as well. That's a little unfair." I tried to diffuse the situation but it just made their anger explode completely.

"We have waited and waited for you trust us completely. You disappear to god knows where at all times of the day. Aiden barely comes out of his room. When you both are in the room and someone barges in, you tense for a fight before relaxing. When we first saw you, you had a lot of bruises on your arms and torso. You own a Matte Black Hennessey Venom GT for god's sake! I think we deserve to know." Sebastian finished with a glower.

I finally snapped. Who the hell does he think he is?

"Really? Where were you for the last 15 years of our lives. You weren't there for anything. Our first words, our first steps, our first day of school. Never. We came to know we had siblings a week ago. The fact that we took it in our stride does not mean that we are completely comfortable with it. Nor does it mean that we trust you completely. I will never trust anyone just because they are family. Trust is earned just like loyalty. Once you earn our trust, you will know our past. Else, just give it up. If you can't trust us, we can just move back to that apartment. It will be easy as that." I finished, breathing hard as I snapped my fingers. I'm sure that my face was flushed with anger and I had thrown everything in their faces, but they needed a reality check. It was not their place to demand to know our past.

I turned on my heel and stormed off, their shocked faces the last things I saw. I stomped up the stairs and into my room. I knew that the other three were following me and I didn't bother closing the door as I got out all the painting material that was stacked in a corner of the room. I tossed a paintbrush to both Aiden and Liam and got the guitar out of the closet, handing it to Levi. I then stepped in between Aiden and Liam who had already started on the wall opposing the bed. It was something we had always done since we could hold paintbrushes. Every time one of us got upset, we used to paint on the wall together and Levi and Logan used to play or sing, whichever they felt like doing. The love for art was what brought us together when we first met.

Flashback

I was one of the youngest in the class of 5 year olds. But I had Aiden in the same class and that's all that mattered. That we wouldn't be apart.

The teacher had given us sheets of paper and crayons and told us to draw whatever we wanted to. Aiden immediately started with his drawing but I didn't know what to draw. I looked up and saw another green eyed boy looking around, his paper untouched. His eyes locked with mine and he gave me a beaming smile. I gave him an uncertain one back. He gathered up his material and scooted closer to me.

"I'm Liam." He whispered, flashing me a brilliant smile.

"Alexis." I replied and gave him a small grin.

"Do you want to draw together? We can make something really cool." He enticed me and I nodded. Soon, Aiden too joined us and helped us colour within the lines.

We made a two headed dragon. One half on each sheet.

The teacher had been really impressed and had pinned up the  sheet on the board, praising the three of us. She also hung up Aiden's drawing too. It was a picture of a boy and a girl, the girl having black hair and the boy having brown hair both having blue eyes. He drew his family. That was the day the teachers found out that Aiden had a talent for art.

That was also the day I met my best friend and my soon to be first love.

Flashback over

I snapped back to the present as they started planning on what to do. I just kept quiet. Did I over react?

Liam looked at my expression and shot me a reassuring smile.

"You did not over react, Six. They were wrong to demand that." He comforted me and I gave him a small smile as we started on the painting that would cover the entire wall. It was a scene from the park near our house. A gazebo stood to the side while thousands of flowers bloomed all over the place during spring. It was absolutely enchanting. We continued doing this and we were almost done when we heard soft snores coming from the bed. I looked over and saw Levi curled up on himself as he slept, the guitar lying abandoned. I stopped painting for a minute and put the instrument back in it's place before covering Levi with a blanket. He mumbled something in his sleep but didn't wake up.

I returned to my spot between the two boys who were finishing their part of the painting. I put the final touches in the last few flowers before stepping back with Aiden and Liam. We looked at the painting with pride. It was one of the best we have ever made.

 It was one of the best we have ever made

^the painting.

We grinned at each other as the soreness of all the events of today came crashing down. We barely managed to clean out the materials and ourselves, before we crawled into the huge bed with Levi. All of us easily fit in it and we were out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Really, Really late chapter and only filler. I'm sorry but I was thinking,

Double update on Sunday? Yay or nay?

Wait, so I kinda want to know if anybody designs covers and banners because I want covers for both this book and 'My Dear Brothers'. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you an email address.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it?