Chapter 8: My Baby

"Dad." Sebastian said and stood up, holding his hand out.

"What is going on? Who is she? Is this some sort of cruel joke?" He asked, backing away. It broke my heart to see that.

"Dad, maybe you should sit down. We'll explain." Damian said, his voice placating the older man. The man took a deep breath and sat down on the couch opposite me, his eyes never leaving my face.

"Lexi? Are you real?" He whispered and my heart shattered. I felt a lump in my throat that I tried to swallow. I just let my emotions show through. I shot up and fell into his arms, sobbing my heart out. I literally fell over my own feet as I clutched onto him. His arms wound hesitantly around me before his grip tightened when he felt that I was real. I forgot everyone else in the room as I cried in my father's arms. How I had missed this even when I never had it!

"It's okay, princesa. You're home." He murmured into my hair as he held me tighter. "You too Aiden." He said and I felt Aiden's arms envelop me in the comforting embrace. I reluctantly detached myself after a few minutes and looked up at dad. He smiled as he wiped away my tears. I smiled at him and got off of him and letting him get up too. I looked at Aiden and I saw the same happiness shining in his eyes though his face was more or less impassive. James was sobbing on Hayden's shoulder who looked at  him oddly. The rest had happy, contended looks on their faces as they looked on.

We lounged around the rest of the day, nobody being in the mood for raucous activity. I found out that my dad was the head of a few huge companies that he was training the others to take over. Samuel and Damian were usually always helping dad out while Sebastian was finishing college and was in his last year. The triplets were in High School like me and my twin was in the same grade as me, obviously. 

I slept like a baby that night and woke up to someone jumping on me. I screamed as I woke up and the person who was jumping on the bed, shrieked and fell off as well. I heard a groan and I immediately recognised my twin's voice, making me relax my hold on the switchblade. I looked down at him in annoyance as he groaned on the floor.  

"Do you greet everyone with groans?" I asked him, my annoyance melting away.

"Do you always throw people out of your bed in the morning?" He asked and then paused. "Wait, that's not what I meant." He pouted when he saw me laughing at his slip-up.

"Why did you decide to wake me up this early in the morning, oh king of stupid?" I mocked him and he glared at me before his face lit up again.

"Today I have you all to myself. We are going to have a twins only day." He told me, giving me a huge grin. His enthusiasm was infectious and the next thing I know, I am standing in my closet trying to choose what to wear.

"Hey Lex, Your baby's here. You can pick it up." Aiden said, popping his head in at the door. I grinned and flashed him a thumbs up. My baby's here. 

I chose an amazing outfit and headed downstairs. Andre looked up when I entered and narrowed his eyes at my outfit. I raised an eyebrow, daring him to say something.

"You look lovely." He hastily reassured him and I scoffed. "Nice save."

He just grinned in response to my words. I gave him a small smile back.

"Oh Andre, I forgot to tell you. My baby's here and we need to go get it." I informed him as I got a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"Your baby?" He asked, his voice inquisitive.

"Her matte black Hennessey Venom GT." Aiden answered as he entered the room. He ruffled my hair as he passed me and I retaliated by smacking the back of his head.

"You have a what?" Andre practically screamed and I smacked the back of his head when the rest of my brothers popped their head into the kitchen or sauntered in to find out what was going on.

"Really, is anyone left?" I asked sarcastically and the back door opened and my dad walked in with Javier and his dad, who looked curiously at the sight of me surrounded by all the others. I threw my hands up in exasperation and Aiden and Andre chuckled while the others looked confused.

"Come on, Andre. Let's go get my baby." I told him and started to tug him away.

"You have a boyfriend?" A few voices chorused and I look back at them, now completely lost.

"No?" I stated but it sounded like a question.

"Oh really? Then who is your baby?" Sebastian asked, crossing his arms and everyone except Aiden and Andre mirrored him. My mouth dropped open before an incredulous smile spread across my face.

"Y-you think-k tha-at I have a b-boyfriend?" I choked out in between laughs. They looked unsure at my reaction. I laughed till I had tears in my eyes and I was gasping for breath.

"You think Aiden would let the guy live if that happened?" I asked them after I calmed down.

"I wouldn't. Also, by 'baby' she means her Matte black Hennessey Venom GT." Aiden informed them as he leaned against the counter.

"You have a Venom GT?" One asked.

"How could you afford that?" Another asked and Aiden and I stiffened immediately. Family or not, that milestone was not to be crossed right now.

"Andre, we should get going. We have long day of bonding ahead of us." I stated and all but dragged him away.

"Aiden, pick up my baby and park it in the garage, please. And one scratch on it and I swear to god I will kill you." I threatened and he mock saluted me.

"Aye, Aye Captain." I glared at him a bit and he put his hands up in surrender.

"I know, chérie." He chuckled and I threw them a smile as I dragged Andre away again as he continued whining.

We headed to the garage and Andre led me to a black Bugatti Veyron Super Sport and I almost swooned at the beauty. He smirked at my reaction and gestured for me to get in. I slid in, my hands brushing along the cool leather as Andre pulled out of the garage and started driving. I settled back into the seat and looked out of the window at everything that was zipping past. 

"You know you can tell me everything, right? I'm your twin, I'll always have your back." Andre broke the silence as he glanced at me for a second before turning back to the front. 

I kept quiet. How can I trust someone I barely know?

Andre and I were so alike that we knew exactly what to do when we reached the mall. What ensued next was utter pandemonium. 

A little bit of a filler chapter. I'm so sorry for the long wait. I finally passed the roadblock I had hit while writing so all I can say is hold onto your socks because the story is going to make your jaw drop.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it?

Also I posted it on my wall but I should say this, This book and 'Hurting my Heart' will be updated every Thursday and Sunday. Till then, Au revoir.