Chapter 13: Stab Wound?

"Lee? Is it really you?" I asked in a small voice, my voice cracking in the end. He nodded, wincing when my voice broke.

I shot out of my seat and into his arms. He had expected it and his arms surrounded me in their familiar warmth as I breathed him in. I missed this familiarity we had. The synchronization we had. I laid my head against his shoulders, he buried his face in my hair, inhaling deeply. I remembered how well I fit against him, my legs straddling him, as we held each other, neither speaking, only reveling in the moment.

I drew back first and he stared at me. And I made the most impulsive decision of my life. I put my hands on either side of his face and kissed him. He responded almost immediately, his hands gripping my waist. It was short but it was all I needed. I pulled back before it got too serious and he pouted. I laughed a little and kissed him on the nose. Then I got off his lap because a lot of people were starting to stare and offered him a hand. He took it and got up and we walked out of the shop, hand in hand like before. But there was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I had forgotten to mention something. I shook it off.

We were nearing the school when I finally voiced her thoughts.

"Lee? What are we now?" I asked hesitantly and he gave me a smile.

"Whatever you want us to be, six. I'm never losing you again." He promised and I hesitated before answering.

"Can we take this slow? Us? I just don't want to mess this up." I blurted out and his face turned serious.

"I'll wait for you forever, Six. Don't ever doubt that." He promised me and we pulled into the school parking lot. It was when I looked out of the window that I remembered exactly what I had forgotten to mention.

Andre and the others were glaring furiously at the car and Liam hadn't noticed them. As he made to get out, I grabbed his arm making him stop immediately. He frowned in confusion. I was about to answer when my door was yanked open and Andre grabbed me as gently as he could and pulled me out and I saw Aiden pull Liam out the same way, just not as gently. Liam tried to fight before realising who was holding him and then looking behind me at Andre with a perplexed expression.

I gave him a reassuring nod to tell him that I would be explaining later. I noticed a figure run out of the school and an identical pair of green eyes connected with mine. My heart fell. I felt like I was being crushed by guilt when he headed towards us, his eyes still locked with mine. He walked uncertainly, his steps long and quick but hesitant.

"Allie?" He questioned when he came within earshot. I nodded, words refusing to come out of my mouth.

"Oh thank god." He said and pulled me out of Andre's arms into a hug. I hugged him back just as fiercely before Andre pulled us apart.

All of them started talking at the same time and I could feel the beginning of a migraine forming. They kept talking over each other and I finally snapped.

"Shut the hell up all of you!" I screamed and their mouths snapped shut immediately as they turned towards me.

"Come on. I think all of you need to be there to hear this story." I beckoned to them and they followed. I turned on my phone and shot a quick message to the rest of my brothers and dad and they agreed to meet us at the house. We piled into the cars and we headed back home.

We walked into the house and I was behind Liam and Levi were looking around with mildly interested expressions and I walked faster to catch up to them, squeezing in between the two brothers. They both smiled down at me and Levi proceeded to put his arm around my shoulder while Liam laced his hand with mine. The boys were throwing dark looks at them, their eyes twitching slightly when they took in the position we were walking in.

We walked into the living room and everyone settled themselves into chairs, couches and the rest made themselves cosy on the floor. I sat down with Liam on the loveseat, leaning my head against his chest as he wound his arms around me. All of my brothers scowled darkly. Dad and the rest came through the door at that moment. They glanced at the room at large and did a double take when they saw my position with a boy unknown to them.

"Explain." He said shortly but Aiden shook his head.

"No. Wait. I'm confused." He asked, his brow furrowing. "Who the hell are you? Because I'm pretty sure Liam is dead since we attended his funeral.

"Let's explain everything to the others and then we'll explain that." I suggested and Aiden gave me a reluctant nod.

"On our first day of preschool, we met two boys. Liam and James. Aiden and James became best friends while Liam and I became inseparable. We were always together. Our 'mother' rarely even remembered that she had children and Mrs. Anderson and Mrs. Jackson took her place as the years went on. It was in freshman year that things changed. I found that I had...complicated feelings for my best friend. So I did everything possible to change that because I believed that he did not see me the same way. But at the end of freshman year, we both confessed and started dating. Something happened at the end of Sophomore year and the last time I saw Liam, he was dying from a stab wound. We went back and became the bearer of bad news. His mom and dad never blamed me but I always felt that it was my fault. I left him. Imagine my surprise when I saw him today. A boy I believed dead was standing in front of me very much alive. So we talked and I found out the answers to all my questions. It is Liam. He knows things no one else can." I finished and while the others looked a little confused, Aiden just looked stunned.

"I understand, but how did he get that stab wound?"

There we go. The love of her life is there for her through everything. This was so amazing to write. I just..*sniffs*. I want a Liam. And an Aiden.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it?