Chapter 18: Why Must You Be So Cruel?

The three boys fought through the crowd to get closer to my position and I panicked. I gave a hurried excuse to Juan about going to get some air and pushed my way through the crowd, making a beeline to the door. I was just slipping out when they reached the spot I had been at before and were looking around in confusion. I leaned against the outside wall of the warehouse and drew a deep breath. I was completely screwed now.

I finally gave up on restraint and I called the number. He picked up on the first ring.

"Six? How are you, love?" Came his voice and I melted against the wall.

"I'm fine. How's the reunion?" I replied, my voice steady even though I felt like crying. I think it was an appropriate though delayed reaction of this morning's fiasco.

"Don't lie to me, Six. What happened?" He asked simply and I let a tear fall down my cheek.

"Sylvester happened." I replied and I could almost see his jaw clench, his whole body become rigid, his fists tightening and his phone in a death grip.

"What did that twatface do?" Came the forced calm reply and I almost smiled but the ghastly reminder of the events of the morning came crashing down and I swallowed before retelling the morning.

When I finished, I was met with silence on the other end before I heard a deep breath being taken.

"I'm coming back." Was the simple reply I got and my eyes popped open, completely horrified.

"No. No, you are not. You have gone to meet family and you'll be back in the day after tomorrow in any case. Do not come back. I can handle myself." I knew there was a protest at the tip of his tongue but he just sighed, resigned. I smiled triumphantly and Juan came outside right then and waved me over.

"I need to go, Lee. I love you." I replied and he let out an audible sigh.

"Please don't get in anymore trouble. And I love you more and more everyday." He replied and my smile became a tad brighter as I cut the call before making my way inside again for my last fight.

I won the fight and was declared the undefeated champion once more and given the prize money. I made my way to the front where Juan was waiting with the Ferrari and got in, my body sore from the punches my last opponent managed to land. I was almost asleep but somehow made it back to my room without falling down on the lawn and snoring. I climbed in through the window, changed into a comfortable pair of pajamas and started to doze off, slipping into a dreamless sleep.

Morning comes way too early in my opinion. School too. Though, admittedly, I am always tired. But today, there was a reason for my sore body.

"Wake up, sunshine." A loud voice interrupted my pleasant dream of galloping away on a unicorn into the sunset.

Sarcasm intended.

"Go away, Damian." I replied, it being a little muffled because my face was stuffed into my pillow.

"Nope. No way. You are getting up and going to go shopping for dresses for you to wear for the Halloween Ball that is tomorrow." Damian reminded me and I groaned.

The Halloween Ball is apparently a traditional ball our family throws every year on, you guessed it, Halloween. It was a masquerade ball and incidentally it was also the ball during which Dad had met my 'mother' and it was apparently love at first sight. They had married within a month and had rushed into things. It was only when Andre and I were going to be born that Dad saw that she was neglectful and hateful. He finally let go of her but things went horribly wrong when she pleaded with the judge and managed to get custody over me and Aiden to get back at Dad.

Suffice to say that he has hated the balls since.

But he still continued throwing them in the hopes that his princess would come back to him and would love the ball.

Unfortunately for him, his princess was anything like the fairy tale princesses. Poor Dad.

"No! You know that I hate shopping. Why must you be so cruel? Also, wasn't I grounded?" I questioned, trying desperately to fall back asleep.

"Who said anything about leaving the house?" Damian asked mischievously and I perked up. What did he mean by that?

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously, sitting up in bed.

"You're finally awake? Good. Get changed and come down to breakfast. You'll see after that." He replied cryptically and I huffed but followed his instructions. I put on a pair of shorts and one of Liam's hoodies that reached till my mid thigh and literally swallowed me, I went downstairs and greeted everyone before collapsing on my seat. They watched in amusement as I narrowed my eyes at the bowl in front of me, willing it to fill up with milk and Cheerios. After five minutes of constant staring, the bowl was lifted away and a bowl full of cereal was placed in front of me. I gave Sebastian a brilliant smile as he chuckled and ruffled my hair, before I turned my attention to the deliciousness in front of me and dug in.

Once I was done, I followed an excited Damian to the living room which was unrecognisable. There were random people milling about with tape measures hanging around their necks as they wheeled around racks filled with dresses from one corner of the room to the other. My jaw dropped at the scene and Damian laughed.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, in awe of the chaos.

"Eez thees 'er? Oh good, we muzt get started." Said a man who had been in the middle of everything and I was immediately surrounded by people who were tutting and measuring my body, speaking excitedly over each other. A few even pulled my hair and I looked towards my brothers in horror. They were all laughing at my plight as I was handled like a doll and not a human being.

It was only after a few disastrous dresses that Monsieur Dupont found something that caught his attention. "Ahhh! Zis is zey dress. I am sure of eet." He exclaimed and pushed me towards the bathroom door with the black material in my hand. I sighed tiredly before changing into it. I smoothed it down and looked into the mirror and my breath caught. It was so beautiful.

I had found the perfect dress.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to write it? Just imagine him having a really heavy french accent. Sorry for the mistakes and hope you like the chapter.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it? Please?