Chapter 23: The Triplets

It had been 6 months since I last saw my family. 6 very long months. Andre and I talked regularly, exchanging information but he didn't tell the others that he knew where I was. On the other hand, my dad and the rest of my brothers were searching everywhere for me. They could not approach me when I was Maria because of the security and Alexis had disappeared off the face of the Earth.

All in all, they were understandably frustrated.

Summer vacation had started for everyone and I finally would be able to relax a little as the number of meetings reduced. I had managed to launch a couple more apps and they had been an instant hit in the market.

All was well until I received a phone call.

The day started out normal enough. I got up and did my morning routine before slipping into black trousers with a powder blue shirt and a black blazer and went to the office. I closed a few deals and had lunch in my office with Rosie.

I was in the middle of a meeting when my phone rang. The guy who was presenting looked pretty pissed off and I frowned down at Andre's number flashing across the screen before declining the call. We returned to the presentation but he had hardly spoken a couple of words when my phone rang again. I excused myself and picked up the phone after stepping outside the meeting room.

"What is it, Andre? I was in the middle of an important meeting." I snapped and his hurried voice stopped me.

"They're gone, Lexi!" He continued to ramble unintelligibly.

"Andre! ANDRE! Calm down and tell me whose gone." I instructed him, striding towards my office.

"The triplets! They're gone! They took them!" He answered frantically and fear washed over me.

"What do you mean they took them? They don't know anything!" I gritted out as I packed my bag and sent a message to my assistant to push all the meetings into next month as I was leaving for a family emergency before power walking out of the building while Andre gave me all the details but he was too panicked to talk clearly.

"Andre? Do me a favour and come to the penthouse. I'll meet you in the lobby." I told him and he replied affirmative before cutting the call. I got into my car and peeled out of the parking lot, calling Liam on the way, asking him to get to the Penthouse with the stash. He set out immediately and I concentrated on the road and within 35 minutes, I was pulling into the building's private parking. I sped into the lobby and saw that they hadn't reached yet. I bit my lip as I started pacing in the lobby. The receptionist/doorman looked at me curiously but didn't comment. 5 minutes later the door opened once again and Liam and Levi entered the building after a brief reunion and a promise for more information, I resumed my frantic pacing. Another 2 minutes later, Andre burst into the room with the others right behind him. I pulled my twin into a fierce hug and we both seemed to draw strength from each other before I drew back.

"Come on. We need to go to the penthouse if we want to talk." I told them, giving a cursory glance to all the occupants of the room. They nodded and followed me and as soon as we entered the Penthouse, I locked off the floor so that no one else could get off here. Then I turned to the five males that I share DNA with and gestured for them to take a seat.

"Now, I want all the details. Every. Single. Thing." I instructed and Sebastian nodded and took point, thankfully. Out of all of them, he was the one who had the least chance of getting sidetracked.

"Aiden was considerably more distraught than all of us when you left. He stopped talking to anyone except his triplets. They all grew even more reserved and we barely talked to each other during the day. They started making a habit of going to the Skate Park every Saturday, leaving at exactly 4 in the evening and returning at exactly 15 past seven. They never broke the routine. But yesterday they didn't come back. Sam received a message from Hayden that they were over at Javier's and were spending the night there."

"We came to know that they were missing when Javier came over today with his dad and asked where the triplets were. Long story short, here we are." He finished and they all looked up at me expectantly.

"Okay. Levi? Pull the security footage from around that park. Seb, try tracking their phones. Dad, go back to the house and wait there for any ransom or message from the kidnappers. Liam, Andy, Sam and Day, come with me." I instructed them and everyone jumped into action without much protest. I grabbed the bag that Liam had brought and went over to the huge abstract painting hanging on the wall. I placed my hand on the scanner behind it and the section of wall cleverly hidden in the brick patterned wall on the other side, opened. I could see some of them gaping as we walked in. The soundproof room had been installed soon after I had moved in so that I could practice. The target on the other side was peppered with holes and Miles's picture took the place of honour as the bull's eye. The others, except Lee, gaped at the room and the holes peppered across the target. I exchanged a glance with Liam and he nodded. I left them there and went back to my bedroom to change into something more comfortable.

When I returned, Liam had laid out the guns on the table and was briefing them about the safety measures. He had just finished when I walked up to the table.

Let the planning and training begin.

That happened. You are gonna love the next few chapters.

I am so sorry I didn't get this out yesterday! I was going to but then I started watching the new season of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and forgot.

Sowwy!

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it!