Chapter 19: You Are Mine

^Picture of her dress, accessories and makeup and hairstyle but no gloves.

I walked out and there was silence in the room. Monsieur Dupont had long since driven my family out of the room and now everyone in the room looked at me with beaming smiles on their faces.

"C'est manifique! We 'ave found eet. Zey perfect dress." He exclaimed and I nodded in assent. This was going to be one memorable ball.

If I had only known that it was going to be for the wrong reasons, I would never have gone.

Liam was getting back today and even though I was tired as hell, I was excited and was ready before the others came downstairs. They raised an eyebrow at my excited form but didn't comment on it. 

It wasn't long before we reached the school and I jumped out of the car. I looked towards the usual spot Liam and I met at and saw a blonde talking to him, clearly flirting. I saw red as she continued pressing up against him even after he gently pushed her away. I stalked over to them just as she desperately kissed him and I ripped her away from him, my anger rolling off of me in waves. Her eyes widened as she saw me and then she smirked. She had the audacity to smirk. Liam was glaring at her from beside me and I knew that he was beyond angry but he wouldn't like it if a fight broke out. So I resorted to sarcasm.

"Come on! He wants me. Why would he be with someone like you? You're so ugly!" She said looking down her nose at me. Or at least tried to since she was shorter than me. I turned to Liam with a look of mock confusion.

"Am I wearing a mirror?" I asked him and his lips twitched slightly as people started gathering around.

"Huh? What- Oh you think you are so smart, don't you? Well, newsflash you are not intelligent or interesting. I mean what could you give him that I couldn't"

"Oh wow, I didn't even know that you had so many words in your vocabulary. Well done! You can now pass third grade." I deadpanned and everyone started laughing while she got redder and redder. I wouldn't be surprised if steam shot out of her ears.

"Are you even listening to me? I'm insulting you, you bitch!" She screamed and I suppressed a laugh.

"Oh, I am listening. It's just taking me time to understand all the stupid coming out of your mouth." I shot back and she huffed before stomping away.

I laughed and draped my arms around Liam who smiled down at me, eyes twinkling in amusement.

"All that for little old me?" He teased me and I chuckled slightly leaning in so that our lips were an inch apart.

"Well, I am really possessive of what is mine. All rights reserved." I whispered and kissed him, feeling him smirk against my mouth.

"Okay, that's enough PDA. Get to class, both of you." Hayden and Jayden said as they separated us. We laughed at them and followed them to class.

I was fidgeting again. Apparently I was supposed to dance with every eligible male at the ball because I had not wanted to have Liam put up with the stares and the glares. Every one of them because it was tradition. They should take that excuse and shove it up- Okay, Alexis. Deep breaths. 

I have only one way out of this.

Bring a date.  

I shouldered through the people milling around in the hallways, greeting the random acquaintances I had made over the weeks. I finally locked in on the green-eyed fool I called my boyfriend and saw his eyes light up and his lips twitch into a smile as he spotted me. I also noticed his brother sighing as he failed to get his attention and fixing me with an accusing stare. I slipped past the last group and Liam immediately pulled me to him. 

"So, I have a question." I stated and he hmmed and waited for me to continue.

"Accompany me to the ball? Or else I'll have to suffer through a whole evening of guys trying to feel me up while dancing because of tradition." I said and his eyes darkened as he pulled me closer.

"You are mine. No one else's. No way in hell am I going to let any bloody idiot touch you while I am alive." He gritted out and god, did he look hot at that moment. I tilted my head up and kissed him and he responded almost immediately. I heard Levi fake puking in the background and laughed against Lee's lips when his hand left my waist to flip his brother off. 

I went through the day in a decidedly better mood but it soured immediately when I got home because I found 3 ladies waiting in my room. They introduced themselves as my personal stylists and I spent the next three hours getting plucked and spruced up all over as they rubbed things into my skin which I didn't even know the names of.

By the time they were done, I was already tired as hell and I hadn't even done anything. They refused to let me see how I looked till I changed into my dress so I did that and walked out and looked into the full length mirror and gasped.

I looked gorgeous. 

I felt beautiful.

I was ready to take on the judgemental stares and the snide words.

So, I have a question. Which year are you in and how old are you? I'm 15 and am a junior or 11th grader for the next three months or so before I am going to start senior year or 12th grade. What about you?

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it! Please!