Chapter 17: 'Nightmare'

Fidgeting was the new normal for me apparently. I sat next to Aiden with the whole of the Garcia family surrounding us, bodies tense, eyes glaring at me and Aiden. Damian had immediately looked over Aiden's injury and re-bandaged it, giving me an approving nod when he saw the original dressing.

"We have a secret." I blurted out and Sebastian and Hayden snorted.

"No shit, Sherlock." Andre scoffed and we both winced at the harsh tone.

"Have you ever heard of Leon Rodriguez?" I asked, starting with the less volatile option. Aiden looked at me betrayed and I offered him an apologetic smile.

"The artist? Who hasn't heard of him? But how is that relevant?"Samuel asked and Aiden swallowed.

"Because I am Leon Rodriguez. It's an alias." He explained and I could see the cogs whirring in their heads, Sebastian being the first to realise followed by Samuel and Damian.

"That means that you are Maria Rodriguez, the business tycoon. The second richest person in the USA!" Samuel exclaimed and I nodded mutely. They all gaped at me and I started squirming, not at all liking the attention.

"Please tell me you are joking." Dad said faintly and I shook my head. They seemed to be wondering how to react. On one hand we were the youngest billionaires and they seemed torn between being proud and being angry at us for not telling them earlier.

"You're grounded." Dad said and our jaws dropped.

"What! No! Dad, come on." I pleaded but he shook his head and got up and left the room. I felt tears prick my eyes at the dismissal and I knew that my trust issues were just going to get worse after this.

I wordlessly stood up and walked out of the room and no one tried to stop me. I went up to my room and tried to focus on some work for the company but I was too distracted to. I couldn't even talk to Liam because he was halfway across the country and in the middle of nowhere because the family reunion included some sort of a camping trip. I needed a stress release.

I logged onto my secret email and contacted my manager. He responded affirmative immediately. I changed into a black sports bra and black leggings and donned my custom leather jacket. It had a pattern of roses with my underground name, 'Nightmare', stitched into the back.

I climbed onto the window sill after disabling the cameras for the next five minutes and took a deep breath before jumping off the window ledge. I landed on the balls of my feet, absorbing the jarring impact before running towards the hedge to the west of the side gates at a dead sprint.

I looked back one last time before squeezing out of the small gap I had accidentally discovered a few days before and made my way to the cherry red Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio and climbed in. The man in the driver's seat took off immediately, not giving me a second glance and I was glad. There was no way I would have talked to him without pissing him off today.

We reached the rundown warehouse and I could hear the faint sounds of the ongoing match from inside and I took a deep breath. I was returning to the arena after a year of absence. I just hoped I wasn't rusty. Else I was going to return home with a shredded reputation, a bruised ego and an aching body.

I jumped out of the car and Juan followed me. I entered the warehouse and was instantly greeted by the loud roars of the crowds. I didn't go to sign up because Juan had already done that and instead went to the changing room and put on the decorative black mask that covered my face and took a few deep breaths before walking out of there. I pushed through the crowd and people began parting at the sight of my iconic look and leather jacket. I had quite a reputation here.

Juan met up with me at the front and he briefed me on my first opponent. I nodded and processed everything while warming up and stretching. All too soon, it was my turn.

Show time.

"And today, folks, we have the 'Crusher' on one side, the current champion and on the other side we have a fighter that returns to the arena after almost a year of absence. Give it up for our formerly undefeated champion, 'Nightmare'."

There was thunderous applause as we walked into the ring. The guy in front of me was definitely twice my size and had the ugliest grin on his face. My mouth pulled into my signature smirk as I assessed his posture. The style was sloppy, not professional. That made my job easier. We circled each other as we waited for the other to strike. He finally got tired of waiting and lunged forward with a right hook. I ducked and grabbed his arm, using his own momentum to flip him. He hit the floor with a nasty crack and I almost felt sorry for him. He was on his feet almost instantly but with a prominent stiffness in the way he held his right side. A lazy smile crept onto my face. Bingo!

He raced forward again like an angry bull and this time I side stepped to my left, grabbed his right arm and twisted it, forcing him down and he fell to the ground, I put my foot on his back and twisted his arm behind his back and he finally tapped out. I was met with the roar of the crowd as I finally arrived back into the real world. I looked up and my heart stopped. Cheering with the crowd from across the room were three boys. Three boys with identically icy blue eyes.

Three boys with the same identically blue eyes as me.

I took a deep breath and turned away from them, collecting my money and trying to get the hell out of there but the expression on Juan's face made me sigh in defeat. I wasn't going anywhere because I had another fight scheduled. This was going to be one hell of a Hide and Go Seek game.

Woah! Did anyone guess that? And they finally revealed their aliases! This was fun.