Leslie Withers X Reader (The Evil Within)

A/N: The poor boy needs some love. What can I say? You're taking Seb's place during this scene. It's the playground one with Leslie and Kidman. The art above is by me :D Enjoy! 

 Also, this wasn't a request from literally anyone, but I would like to cordially invite ushio4000 to this part. Because I know you love some Leslie✨👌🏻

        A light rain drizzle speckled my face as I pushed the door open. "It's not your fault... I'm sorry.." Kidman exhaled and raised her gun at Leslie. "Stop." I spoke firmly and clicked my own gun; aimed at her head. I stepped closer to the scene with my gun still pointed at her. "You don't understand." Kidman said quietly. "You don't know what he'll become." She shook her head. "I do know. I've seen it." I stated. "You don't understand what Ruvik is after." Her gaze was still focused on the shaking boy just a few feet away from her. "Then tell me, Kid. What is he after?" I asked. "He's after Leslie." Kidman clicked her gun. "What? He needs to finish his science project? I won't let you kill him." I stated sternly. "Don't patronize me. I have orders. I can't let him have this boy." She turned her head and her piercing purple eyes met mine. "Leslie is the only one he can-" Leslie let out a ear-splitting scream; cutting Kidman off mid-sentence. His voice echoed throughout the entire city; shattering building windows and shaking my very eardrums. I let out a cry of pain and clutched my head as I fell to the floor. The floor beneath us began to shake and heard a gunshot come from beside me. Kidman had fired at Leslie, but missed. I watched as Leslie took off in fear. "Fuck!" I yelled from the painful throbbing in my temples. "Leslie!!" I shouted over the chaos and quickly stood up. I began to chase after him. Kidman cursed under her breath and ran the other way. The buildings surrounding us began to raise from their spots and the Earth crumbled below me as I ran. Leslie's screaming had stopped a bit and his hands rested over his ears. His bare feet pitter-pattered on the cracked cement. "Leslie!" I shouted once more.

    The ground stopped shaking and the buildings seemed to stand still once more. The city grew quiet again. He was a good few meters in front of me as I tried to catch up with him. I saw him round a corner and quickly darted after him. I climbed over a disheveled patch of road and quickly ran around the corner.  I come to a halt and watch his slumped figure waddle in circles around the road. He mumbled soft things to himself as he walked. I gasped for breath and started to approach him calmly. "Leslie, sweetie." I started softly. "You're safe now. I won't let anyone hurt you." I assured him. "Hurt you... Hurt you!.." He repeated my words. "Leslie.." I repeated once more to try to get his attention. His soft eyes looked up to mine. His small frail frame shook back and forth as he stared at me. "Y/N... Keep Leslie safe..?" He asked. I flashed him a small reassuring smile. "Yes. I'll keep you safe." He looked back to the floor and waddled closer to me; tackling me into a tight hug. "Safe.. safe.. keep safe.." He murmured. I returned it and raised my hand to stroke his soft, snow-tinted hair. "C'mon. We have to find Sebastian. We gotta get out of here. Stay close to me, okay?" I spoke softly to him. "Leslie.. stay close." He pulled away from the hug and continued to shake back and forth more as he talked. I could hear more creatures in the distance growling. I had to find someplace safe for me and Leslie to rest at. The poor boy was probably scared to death. I had to come up with a plan to find Seb too. I un-holstered my gun and I started to walk again; with Leslie nervously following behind. I could hear him still mumbling things under his breath. The sun was going down over the distant horizon of collapsed buildings. The ground suddenly began to shake again and the road under me grew crooked. Leslie yelped out loud and clung to my side. The rumbling then stopped. "It's okay, Leslie.." I said. I shakily grabbed his hand and held it in my own. "I won't let you go. I promise."  I saw an apartment complex in the near distance. "We'll go there. It'll give us time to rest and think." I thought out loud. "Time.. time.. time." I heard Leslie mimic. I gripped his hand a bit tighter, careful not to scare him.