Marcus Abbott X Reader (A Quiet Place)

My mother died. My father left. My sister was taken. The world is gone.. Ever since these... things.... Showed up, the world hasn't been the same. Those monsters took away everything. My family. My friends. My ability to live without fear. And... My voice. I haven't spoken in 2 years. And in all honesty, I don't really remember what my voice sounds like. I was only 10 when all this happened. I was in school. On the news, a crater crashed into the Earth. The broadcasters were shown investigating the huge unidentified object. Then a bone crushing, demented howl escaped and a gray creature crawled out of it, killing everyone on seen. The camera mans camera fell and me and my classmates watched on the small box TV as the monster howled once more and stormed off away from view, crushing the camera as the TV went static. I still remember the sounds of horror that escaped my mouth and the other kids' as well. On the news.. We found out we couldn't talk. Any noises we made would lead to our extinction. And pretty soon it did. All the parents rushed to our school to pick us up and rush us back home. My mother died protecting me. My father left me alone. He blamed me for my mother's death. And my sister was swooped up by one of those things.. The last thing I heard from her was her blood curdling screams. There's really nothing else you can take away from a girl like myself who has lost everything. I found myself sitting alone inside of an abandoned pharmacy beside a shelf. My eyes were puffy and I hadn't found sleep in weeks. Not since my sister died. The only thing I could do was cry. But I wised up. I needed food. Water. New clothes. I needed to survive. I didn't want to die. In the back round of my hazy and depressing thoughts, I heard the sound of the wind blow and whistle outside the broken windows. A heavy sigh escaped my chapped lips and I lazily reached over to my brown backpack beside me. It was my sisters. I unlatched the small sliver button and opened the pack up. I pulled out my small water bottle containing nothing less than a few sips left, and slowly twisted off the cap. As soon as the wet, cool liquid traveled into my mouth, I felt relief. I then quietly put my water bottle away and mentally sighed. I began to close my eyes and drift off into sleep, something I hadn't gotten in awhile.

     The door slid open and footsteps could be heard near the entrance. My eyes darted open and I peered through the empty shelves as a man, a woman, a girl, and two boys (one around my age) walked into the store. They all silently looked around. One boy was wearing a coat. It was a grayish, bluish color. He had puffy eyes like mine and he looked really sick. His hair was messy and his eyes were dull. Not to bad looking though.. The other boy was smaller. He had dark brown hair and wore a small beanie alone with a coat similar to the other boy's. Towering above them was two adults. The woman had beautiful blondish whitish hair and had very prominent features. She looked around 20 or 30 and had brown eyes that the boys both had as well. The man beside her had the same colored hair as the boys. 'A family' I thought. He had a short beard and he was maybe the same age as the woman next to him. I watched intently as the mans eyes met mine. We stared at each other for awhile. His eyes were swirling with concern and sadness and.. Something else I couldn't read. He tapped the woman's shoulder. She turned around with a 'what do you want' look. He pointed to me without skipping a beat and without breaking his gaze at me. The woman's green eyes met mine. Her mouth opened. They immediately hurried the kids inside the store and the woman bent over to me. Are you ok?? She signed to me with worry. I nodded at her with hesitance. The woman looked back at her husband signaling for help. He shrugged quickly. She turned her head back to face me once more. Her eyes looked down as she began to think. Her eyes connected with mine once again and she signed me something else. Where are your parents? She asked in silence. I frowned and lifted my shaky hands up from my sides. Dead, I said. The woman looked at me with sorrow. I'm so sorry she said sadly. What's your name? She questioned with her hands. Y/N I spelled out the letters with my fingers. She smiled at me softly. That's a beautiful name. My name is Evelyn. Over there is my husband, Lee. That's my little girl Regan, and those two boys are Marcus and Beau she explained. You have a big family I said. She chuckled silently. Yes. Yes I do I smiled softly at her. Are you all alone out here she signed after awhile. I nodded my head. Well... you can come stay with us. We have a farmhouse just up North you can stay in she grinned. Really my eyes lit up. Really. Its the least I can do sweetheart signed. Thank you I smiled really wide for the first time in months. She stood up and walked over to her family. She was telling one boy, Marcus I think, to go sit by me and wait while she looks for his medicine. The boy nodded sickly and walked over by me and took a seat quietly. I smiled at Marcus when he sat down. Hi I waved. He returned my smile. Hi he said back. You're Marcus right I asked. Yeah he signed back with a small smile. I like your name I complimented him. Thanks. I like yours too his brown eyes looked into mine. I looked away quickly.

A/N: Heya! If you want a part 2, comment. Have a wonderful day!!