Leon Kennedy X Child! Reader (Resident Evil 2)

A/N: Hey guysss!!!! I got a request from @celestialursula : ). This is about a child (you) who is scavenging in Raccoon City. Your parents had been killed by zombies. You have 2 things on you. A gun, and the clothes on your back. But everything comes to a change when an officer named Leon Kennedy comes to your rescue. Your knight in shining armor.. Just like your father. All of the letters in italics are your thoughts! I hope you enjoy!!!! <3

...........................................................................................................................................................

   My bare feet pitter-pattered on the cold, wet pavement as I bolted towards an empty apartment building. I searched for any zombies as I went on my journey. I stopped, out of breath at the front of a door. My hair was wet, I was cold, and I was running out of ammo. I pushed the heavy door open and quickly scurried inside. I pushed the door closed with a big thud. The thud from the door echoed in the long hallways throughout the apartment complex. I stepped in carefully. It was really dark in here. My vision slowly drifted down to the floor. There was a dead man. I gasped and jumped back. Horrific memories came flooding back to me. Ever since my parents died a week ago... I've been on my own. My dad had been a police officer. He taught me how to use a gun when I was 9. When my mom had turned, my dad told me run and he gave me his gun. He sacrificed himself for me.. I've been alone ever since. I haven't seen another living soul. I just want things to go back to the way they were. Me. My mom. My dad. In our house. Together. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. They trickled down my face and onto the floor. I sniffled and wiped my face. You have to keep going. I made my way up the stairs and into an apartment room. I was searching all of the drawers and cabinets for anything useful. I came across a small cabinet with a silver knob above the kitchen counter. I smiled and tried to grab the knob, attempting to pull it open. I wasn't exactly tall enough to reach it. I was concentrating really hard at this point. I stood on my tippy toes and tried my hardest to get the cabinet door open. I huffed and stopped. I started to think for a minute. I surveyed the room quite a bit and saw a small brown box in the corner of the room. "Bingo." I muttered. I headed towards the box and wrapped my slim fingers around the edges. I picked it up and carried it over by the cabinet. The place was eerily silent. The hard rain tapped on the windows and shook the pipes on the sides with blunt force. I fixated the box in the right position and climbed on top of it, making sure to hold my balance. I swiftly reached my arm up high and grabbed the handle with better access this time. I opened the door, being careful not to make too much noise. The contents on the shelves were some 9mm rounds, an old cereal box, and a can of soup. I cheered silently and grabbed the half empty box of ammo. Just as my hand came in contact with the rounds, I felt the box beneath me begin to shake. No no no no no. The box below me began to wobble and I felt my balance begin the diminish. The box collapsed beneath me and I fell to the floor. My vision was blurry. The room was spinning in a circular motion. I grabbed my head and breathed in slowly. My blurry sight landed on my hand. I was still holding the box of ammo. Most of it had spilled on the floor. I reached out as best as I could to grab all of the rounds and put them back into the uniform black box. I picked up the first shell and my vision started to get a little better. I dropped it into the box with a silent thump. I reached my my hand back over the floor when I heard a loud banging come from my left. My head began to ring and the banging wasn't making it any better. I heard a loud, muffled snarl come from behind the door. I panicked and began to quicken my pace. My hand went back and forth between picking of the ammo and placing it into the box. I dropped the last round in and closed the box. I sprightly stood up and looked over at the door.  I put the box of ammo into the small satchel at my side. I pulled out my gun and released the magazine in a hurry. 2 bullets. I placed the magazine back into the gun hastily and took my position by the door. I kept my aim solely on the door. I was ready to shoot whatever came out of it. I watched intently as the door in front of me got bashed in ruthlessly. I took in a steady breath and focused my aim. With a final blow, the door was clean off its hinges. A zombie came bounding at me. I took action and shot it in the head. He staggered back a bit. I had shot him directly in his forehead. Blood gurgled out of his wound. He fell back with a crash. I put my gun down and went back over to the cabinet. I snatched the soup from the shelf and booked it out of the apartment.