Rhys X Reader (Tales From The Borderlands)

A/N: I know I do Rhys a lot but It's only because I'm bored and it's really late at night lmao. So I hope you enjoy XD. Btw I know the part at the beginning doesn't happen in TFTBL but I did it just for the sake of this story <3 The beginning takes place after the whole death race with Bossonova. And this one is going to be really long so get ready, kiddos!

Warnings: Lots of cursing lmao

..............................................................................................................................

       We had been walking around in the heat for quite awhile. The Sun above us was beginning to set. Pandora wasn't very friendly at night time. Well I mean.. not like it's friendly during the day but, it's still dangerous is my point. Me, Vaughn, and Rhys had found a small, empty cave between some hollowed out rocks to make camp at. I had started a small fire since I was the only one out of the three of us who knew how to. I was currently curled up by the fire trying to warm my hands.

    The Sun was almost completely set by now and I could feel the breeze kicking in. I shivered and scooted a little closer to the flames. I reach my hand out and grip a small stick from beside me and put it into the fire to move around the wood. I hear Rhys scoff from across me.

"Will you stop messing with it. You're gonna end up putting it out and then we'll freeze to death!"

     He shouts at me. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

  "Will you shut up for once in your life, Hyperion. I've been living on this planet since the day I was born. Unlike you and your piece of shit rich, pompous friends with silver spoons in their hands, I know basic survival skills, which means I know perfectly well how to maintain a fire. Kindly fuck off." I shot back at him.

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, looking away from me.

   He's such a child. Ever since him and his little buddy Vaughn arrived on this planet, everything took a turn for the worst. That Vault Key deal was my sisters' biggest scam yet. 10 million dollars. And we lost it because of these jerk-offs. Well mostly Rhys. Vaughn was okay.

   "Can you two stop fighting?" Vaughn piped up. "I d'know. Ask little miss bandit over there." Rhys taunted me. "Ugh. I can't with you two. I'm going to sleep so be quiet, will ya? And try not to kill each other while I'm out." Vaughn said. "No promises." I mumbled under my breath. Rhys heard me and narrowed his eyes at my statement.

   I kept poking the fire with my stick and staring at the orange embers. I peered over at Vaughn who was laying down to get some sleep. I tilted my head to look at Rhys. He was staring out a small hole in the rocks that gave him a view to Pandora's night sky. The moonlight was cast on his face as he gazed out the window. I fixated my eyes back onto the fire and rested my head in my left hand. I sighed silently. "I'm heading to bed too. Don't do anything stupid, Hyperion." I broke the silence. My words were laced with venom as I spoke. I kept my gaze on Rhys waiting for a response but nothing came out of his mouth. He was still staring at the sky with his head leaning on his robotic hand. He didn't look bothered by my words.

   I shrugged and stood up to lean against the wall. Once I was comfortable, I kept trying to fall asleep but I couldn't. I found myself just staring at the ceiling.

(Time Skip: 30 minutes :D)

   I opened my eyes. It had been at least 40 minutes and I still couldn't sleep. I sighed and turned my head.

    There was another opening in the cave in the wall next to me revealing the star filled sky. Just like the one Rhys had been gaping at before I decided to head to bed. Speaking of Rhys, was he still up?