CHAPTER 1: Family Dinner

Ella's POV:

Home sweet home, I thought lying down on my bed exhausted. After a long series in New Zealand, I was finally home in Australia.
I am so tired right now that I can sleep for days continuously.
That's why I decided to sleep early tonight after I had my dinner.

I was about to switch off the light when my phone rang. Groaning I picked it up to see mom calling.
How could I forget to call her?!

Now prepare yourself, Ella Ehmaan Resf for a good scolding.

"Hey mom!", I greeted her nervously.

"Just a few months away from home and you already forgot us!"

"Mom--"

"No! You forget to call me every time, every freaking time! I keep telling you that call me when you reach home but no, you always forget. Why will you remember us now, you are the captain, you have fans all over the world. We are no one to you now--"

"Mom!"

"What?"

"Atleast let me say something."

"Fine", she huffed.

"I am sorry, mom. I just came back in the evening and I was so tired..."

"You say the same thing everytime."

"But I am telling you the truth. Okay...what can I do to make it up to you?"

I could feel her smirk over the call. "You are coming to the dinner tomorrow."

Oh, not again! Mom holds an annual family dinner between our family and the Andrews, that is dad's bestfriend.
It's not like that I don't like them but sometimes I don't feel like going and the reason is their son, the captain of the Men's Cricket Team. Nelson Andrews.

We grew up together, practised together but we couldn't be friends with each other. Every time we talked it always ended up in an argument which was always solved by my dad or either uncle Drake.
Thankfully we didn't get to meet each other a lot since we both became the captain of our respective team and we have responsibilities now.
But every year, for the family dinner we have to come across each other and the dinner always ends up with us arguing with each other.
Almost everytime...though sometimes we try not to talk.

"Ella? Are you there?"

"Yes, mom?"

"Are you coming or not?"

"I don't think so..."

"What do you mean by that? You have to come!"

My lips pressed into a thin line. "Then why are you asking me when you have to order me eventually."

She must be rolling her eyes right now.

"Anyway, tomorrow 7 pm, be here."

"Okay. Can I bring Asher too?"

She sighed. "You know your dad doesn't likes him. Bringing him will only bring a cold atmosphere."

"But mom, why don't you talk to dad... it's been a year since that incident happened and dad is still angry with him. He is my boyfriend, mom; why don't dad understands?"

"Your dad is firm on his decision, he doesn't likes him and no one can make him change his mind, you know that."

I pouted my lips even though she can't see it.
A year back, dad saw Asher kissing a woman in a club and dad got furious about it. When I questioned Asher he told me that hardly remembers anything cause he was drunk and that's what his friends also said who were there with him.
I gave him a warning and forgave him but dad prohibited him to come to the dinner last year and since dad even criticised him throughout the dinner so now even uncle Drake and his family knows now.