CHAPTER 13: Dad's Order

Ella's POV:

I was at Nelson's house...I really felt bad when he left without eating anything cause he said he was very hungry.

So, as soon as Asher left, I packed some of the butter chicken for him and came here immediately.

I already rang the doorbell once but no one opened, so I rang it again and this time it was opened...not by Nelson or his housekeeper but Matthew.

He stood there with a apron tied around his waist and a spatula in his hand as he looked at me in confusion.

"Is Nelson home?"

"Umm...no...I mean, yes."

I moved past him inside as he followed behind me.

"What are you cooking?", I asked him.

"Butter chicken..."

"Seriously?"

For a second he looked baffled by my words then he licked the spatula and then confirmed, "Yeah, it's butter chicken."

"Oh...I bought butter chicken too. Nelson said that he wants to eat it and then left all of a sudden."

"Oh, yeah...umm...he said he wasn't feeling well..."

I hummed in response and then I remembered something.

"By the way, thanks for letting Asher stay", I expressed my gratitude to Matthew.

He nodded with a small smile.

Then we heard Nelson's voice and we both looked towards the stairs.

"Bro, I told you I don't have any feelings for Ella--", he stopped abruptly as his eyes landed on me.

Everyone's eyes widened, maybe mine was more because of what he just said.

Feelings?! And for me?!

Nelson looked at me and then at Matt and they seemed to be communicating with their eyes.

"Ella...", Nelson said to Matt, "Ella...Ella...mira...Ellamira. I told you I don't have any feelings for Ellamira."

Ellamira?!

He finally reached down and came to us and stood beside Matt.

"Oh, umm...hi...Ella...", He said nervously.

"Hi."

"So...who's Ellamira?", I asked and they both exchanged a look before chuckling weirdly.

"No one!"

"A friend!"

They both said simultaneously and I raised a brow at them.

"You may decide what relationship he has with her", I said.

"She's actually a friend...I mean an acquaintance actually...", Nelson explained.

"O-kay...so, you have feelings for her, huh?"

Nelson turned to Matthew. "Feelings?", he said in a confused tone.

"Feelings?", Matthew repeated in the same tone, "What's that?!"

"Yeah...feelings, what's that? Never heard of it. Have you?", Nelson asked Matthew.

"Never heard of it either. It's a weird word..."

My jaw dropped.

"Guys? Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. We are...we are completely fine." Nelson wrapped his arm around Matthew's shoulder and they both smiled at me weirdly.