A Glimpse Of Matthew's Life

On the request of a few, a very short chapter giving a glimpse of Matthew's Life.

Matthew Hamilton wasn't the happiest person on earth.

He was exuberant but from inside he was broken.

He grew up in the care of his loving parents; who supported him in everything.

He had no siblings, he was the only child of his parents.

He was intelligent and smart even though he might act dumb sometimes.

He wanted to establish his own company and that he did at the age of twenty four: Hamilton Enterprises.

But in return of his company, he lost something.
His parents died in car accident leaving him all alone.

He had his company but what was the use of it when his parents weren't there to see his success.

He was all alone, broken, vulnerable.

But atleast he had a brother, not a real one but he loved him more than anyone else. Nelson.

Nelson provided him a shoulder to cry on when no one did, he supported him when no one did and he loved him when no one did.

Years passed and then his eyes fell on Delancy Andrews. His best friend's sister. Sure he knew her all along but that day, in the club, the way she smiled at his words warmed his heart.

For the first time in his life, he felt something foreign stir inside his heart. As if it was there all along but couldn't come out.

He knew at that moment that she was all he needs.

But will Nelson allow him to date her? Fortunately he did but with a warning to not break her heart.

With the help of Nelson, the very next day in the evening, below her room's window in the backyard, they both arranged a numerous amount of candles.

Nelson went to Delancy's room and told her to look out from the window and when she did, the candles were arranged in a way that read: Will You Go On A Date With Me?

And beside that, stood Matthew with the most innocent and desperate look on his face and a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

Delancy beemed with happiness, she never mentioned but she had a little crush on Matthew for a long time.

She looked at Nelson for confirmation and he nodded happily.

She ran down to the backyard and immediately hugged Matthew saying yes.
Hugging her back, he looked up at the window where Nelson was watching them and they both gave each other a thumbs up.
_________________________________________

He was in love.

He loved Delancy and she loved him too and he couldn't be more happier.

Or maybe he was wrong...he can be more happy.

When Delancy announced her pregnancy to him, he was shocked.

He sure wanted children of his own but he was scared because he didn't know whether he would be a good father or not.

He was too shocked and scared to react, not a single word escaped his mouth as he just quietly left.

But he realised his mistake later and before doing anything else, he bought an engagement ring.

He wanted to marry her.

He wanted to just go to her immediately and apologize and tell her that he accepts the baby whole heartedly but instead he just called her.

On one side, things were going on the right track and on the other hand, Nelson and he had an argument which was eating him up.

He knew he needs to apologize to him as soon as possible and that's what he did after proposing Delancy.

He begged Nelson for forgiveness and he did forgive him.
________________________________________

Holding a tiny, fragile body in his trembling hands, tears of joy left his eyes.

His daughter.

He was bubbling with joy, he now has his very own family. A wife, a daughter and not to mention a brother.

Matthew sweared to himself that he might not be the perfect father but he will the best he could be.

A few years back, everything was snatched from him but God gave him everything back, in a different way.

In ways he could never imagine.

So, when the tiny feet of his daughter ran all over his house and a beautiful woman who was his wife cuddled closer to him, Matthew Hamilton might not be the happiest person on earth but he was happy and satisfied.