CHAPTER 9: You Are So Cute

Ella's POV:

I am here.

I texted Nelson as I parked my car infront of his house.
But, I got no reply.

He usually replies really soon.

Anyway, I got out and walking upto his front door, I rang his doorbell.

He promised to show me his painting today. Just one painting.

His house keeper opened the door and greeted me and said, "Nelson must be upstairs, should I call him down?"

"No, it's okay... I'll go see him myself."

He bowed a little politely before disappearing, not like he vanished into thin air but he just left somewhere.

I climbed the stairs and came across that room where I saw all that canvases.
Thinking that he might be there only, I lifted my hand to knock but all of a sudden, I felt someone's hot breath on my neck.

And then a low voice whispered in my ears, "Are you lost baby girl?"

I immediately knew it was Nelson because he is the only who dares to flirt with me.

He was standing too close, I could feel almost his whole chest pressing against my back, so, I didn't turn around.

And then again he spoke, now in a much husky voice, "My bedroom is not here by the way."

I slowly turned around and in a mood to play along with him, I slowly wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling his face closer to mine so that the tip of our noses was touching.

His eyes widened a fraction on my actions but he quickly hid it.

I don't know where I got so much courage from, maybe because of the glass of wine I had while on a dinner date with Asher just before I came here.

"Yes, Nelson?", I copied his tone and battered my eyelashes at him seductively.

Unwrapping one of my hand from behind his neck, I ran the tip of my index finger along the side of his face down to his jaw line as his eyebrows furrowed his confusion.

Lifting his hand, he extended it towards my face and as he was just about to cup my cheeks, I kicked him with my knees in his stomach (not too hard this time).

"Ow...what the fuck!", he grabbed his stomach moving a few steps back.

"I told you not to flirt with me."

"But I was just kidding and you were the one who started to play along", he complained rubbing his stomach.

"I was just passing my time so that I can decide where I have to kick you. You should be lucky I didn't kick you in your balls", I folded my arms.

He dramatically wiped a few fake tears while looking at me with a sad pout.

"Stop being a drama queen and show me your painting", I ordered.

"Shouldn't you be a little polite?"

"Are you showing me or not?"

"What if I say no?"

I groaned, "Come on, show me! I even left my date early to come here."

And just like that his playful nature was gone as he narrowed his eyes at me.

Then he said in a emotionless voice, "Come."

He turned around and walked towards his bedroom while I followed him.

I wondered why he didn't take me to his painting room but I didn't say anything because all of a sudden he didn't seem like the old Nelson I knew.

We entered his room and in the middle of it stood a middle size canvas on a stand covered with a cloth.