Chapter 30

Silence

All that could be perceived was silence.

Save for a steady humming of the thermostat and a few airplanes passing by all that prevailed in the room was silence. But Chris didn't mind. He opened one eye and looked at the window.

It was snowing.

The snowflakes floated down softly, something you'd never expect to see in New York. The city was notorious for its harsh winter weather. In fact, Chris had never seen it snowing so delicately in New York; he'd only seen hailstorms and heavy rain. It was almost as if the weather changed according to how he felt. And he felt surprisingly good.

He had left the window open for the pigeons and expected to feel very very cold. But somehow he was still warm. That's when he realised he was lying in Jonny's embrace. Both of them were wrapped in a blanket. The realisation made him wake up in an instant. He was quite literally in Jonny's arms, wrapped together like immortal lovers. The thought gave him goosebumps. He'd never felt this way before.

All thinking aside, Chris didn't even realise that he had drifted off to sleep just like that. Usually it took him mood lighting, a white noise machine, a lot of blankets, a really soft bed and an incredible amount of effort to summon sleep. But with Jonny everything was so much more natural. He didn't need anything else to feel cosy and loved.

Just Jonny.

It was remarkable how they had gone from friends to lovers in less than a day. For most people it would take a minimum of six months but with him and Jonny it was a just a day. One day was all it took for seventeen years of unrequited love to be reciprocated. And by God was it wonderful. He still couldn't believe this was real.

He smiled to himself and looked out the window again. He noticed the pigeon family on the windowsill. The second pigeon had come back and the entire family was huddled up together much like him and Jonny. It warmed his heart.

"Never knew skyrats could be so adorable...", he whispered to himself

He knew he needed to get up but it felt so good being wrapped in a blanket with Jonny. He glanced up at the clock.

9 pm...

His dinner was about to arrive soon, he had no choice but to get up. He sighed and shifted slightly so as to not wake the green eyed man. It didn't work.

"Gnngh", Jonny groaned.

Oh no...

"Are you leaving already?", Jonny shifted and tightened his hug, "Don't go..."

"No... I'm here...", Chris spoke in a low voice, "I'd ordered dinner and was just getting up for that..."

"Stay..." the guitarist pulled the blanket around them.

It was clear he was still half asleep but Chris found it adorable. He shifted upwards so that he could see Jonny's face.

"Okay but I gotta get up when the food arrives"

"No...", Jonny muttered groggily

Chris laughed and put his arm around Jonny's shoulder.

"Can't leave my Jonnyboy hungry all night can I?"

"I have you... I don't need food", the green eyed man spoke almost instantly.

Chris felt his hand run through his hair and travel down his lower back. It gave him goosebumps.

Adorable...

Before he could speak, he felt Jonny grab his butt. He gasped in surprise. He looked up to see Jonny smiling, his eyes still closed