Chapter 6

"Chris, we need to talk", Jonny said in an overly serious tone.

"Okay, sure. What's up?", Chris asked with concern.

"Okay. Chris. I will get right to the point, I can't continue living like this"

"What do you mean Jay?", Chris swallowed a lump.

"Don't. Just don't call me Jay. I just can't live with you anymore. I hate the fact that you interfere in my life so much. I can't live with my family in peace because of you. You always manage to cook up some crap and I am the one who has to clear the mess. You are the reason why Chloe broke up with me", Jonny said.

Chris stared at Jonny in surprise.

What the hell is he saying?

"I know you are wondering what you did wrong. You did nothing. I just can't stand you anymore. We need to go our separate ways", Jonny continued.

"No don't say that Jonny. Please don't", Chris was almost about to cry.

"I am sorry, but I just can't stand you anymore. I am leaving the band."

"WHAT???", Chris felt his heart being torn to pieces.

"Yes it is true"

"No...NO.....No Jonny don't. DON'T.", Chris fell at his feet, begging.

"Get away from me, Christopher. You are a reject. You are a despicable, messed up bloke, who can never make his way up to me. Leave me alone now, so that at least one of us can have a life", Jonny said sternly.

"No.....", Chris said in a low voice.

Jonny started walking away. Chris tried to follow him, but he couldn't. He stood there, frozen. His mind was not working. Did Jonny really say all that? Jonny disappeared into the darkness.

Everything was fading.

With a shudder Chris woke up and sat upright on the couch, panting. He looked around. It was the same old apartment. He heaved a sigh of relief.

Thank God. It was just a dream.

He was sweating profusely. And his arms were throbbing.

My mind is savage.

He got up to drink some water. As he took out a glass, his eyes fell on his arms and he shrieked in fear.

"What in the name of...", Chris screamed.

There were several parallel cuts on his arms, all done with a sharp object.

"Whoa kid...What are those?", Max appeared from nowhere.

"I was kind of hoping, you would have an answer.", Chris said.

"I have no idea. You might have sleepwalked or sleep-cut or something", Max said.

Chris looked at her. Her face showed pure surprise. The cuts were fresh. Which meant that they had been done in about a few hours ago.

"Yeah...I will clean up the cuts", Chris said at last.

He went to the bathroom. He didn't trust his mind anymore. First a hallucination, then these mystery cuts. God knows what it was gonna do next. He looked at the mirror. Yes, he still looked like a ghost, but the black eye was almost gone. The cut on his face was also fading. So in other words he looked like a well rested ghost now. While coming back from the bathroom, he looked at the big clock in the living room. It was 6:30 in the morning. Chris couldn't believe his eyes. He rushed back to the bedroom and turned on his cell phone. It read 6:30 too. It was already 28th December 2015.