Chapter 7

"NO.....NO.....NO....", Chris fell on the floor laughing.

"Watch it, you twat.", Max smiled, "You could break your spine"

"But that was so damn funny", Chris said, laughing.

They had been talking about that day, Jonny gave Chris "The Talk". "The Birds and Bees Talk: Advanced Version" to be exact. It was the summer of 2000. And their new band was already gaining fame. It had been such a thrill being signed on a record label. A real  record label. And "The Blue Room" was a hit, the managers said. It couldn't have been any better. But Chris was still single. Jonny and Will both had girlfriends. And Guy....he was going through women like water. Or maybe even more. Anyways the bassist had an instinctive ability of getting any woman he wanted. Somehow all of this made Chris feel a tad bit left out. He sat on the couch with his guitar but his mind was elsewhere. He couldn't focus on making songs. He felt so lonely. 

I need someone to love me.

It was early in the morning. About 7:30 am. Chris had gotten up at 4:00. He always seemed to have issues with sleep. He loved sleep, but sleep never loved him back. 

Story of my life. Whoever I love does not love me back.

Lately he could think about nothing but love. He blamed it on the hormones. He had started having strange feelings. Even about blokes. Actually just one bloke. Jonny. He swallowed a lump and tried to focus on his guitar playing. But he couldn't. His mind just drifted away, to Jonnyland. Jonny's shyness, his stubble, his caring nature, his friendliness, his stunning green eyes, his sharp features and everything else that made him Jonny. Jonny was so handsome. Jonny was so cute. Jonny was so sweet. Jonny was so....hot. Chris winced at the fact that of all people, he found his best friend hot. 

God help me.

Was he in love with Jonny? He asked himself repeatedly. And every time he came up with a nice rationalisation as to why that couldn't have been true. Chris sighed. 

When will this be over?

He felt hungry. He decided to go search the fridge for a chocolate bar. To his astonishment he found one. He had thought that Jonny had thrown all of it away. Jonny was overly concerned about Chris getting diabetes, since the latter ate about seven chocolate bars everyday. He ate the bar and sighed again. No one had ever cared about him as much as Jonny did. Certainly not a woman. He was destined to be misunderstood. He was bound to be forever alone.

I need someone...Who understands....

He shrugged. Then as if a huge realisation had just hit him, he ran back to the living room and started playing the guitar. 

"I need someone....Who understands... A C-major would sound nice...", He mumbled.

He tuned his guitar and started playing again.

"I need someone...Who understands", He sang in a soft voice, "I need someone....someone who hears..."

And a little guitar here.

"For you I've shed a thousand tears...", Chris shrugged, "Nope....that is wrong..."

"Up already?', Jonny's voice echoed through the hallway.

Chris stopped playing. "It's almost 8:00. You should have been up earlier."

"Working on a new song?", Jonny asked, yawning.

"Yeah...it just hit me...but this last part sounds horribly wrong", Chris said.

"The guitar sounded beautiful. Play the song once more", Jonny said.