Chapter 3: Golden Eyes

They all crowded around, acting like you were some mythical creature they had never been seen before. A tall, dark skinned man, a pale blue eyed girl, and a tall, thin boy walked up to you. "Welcome to The Glade, I'm Alby." The dark-skinned man said, holding his hand out. You just stared at it. "Uhh, you shake it, like this." The thin boy said with a thick accent, demonstrating by shaking Alby's hand. "Yeah, yeah. I know that." You said doubting yourself. The pale girl smiled at you. "I'm Teresa, this is Newt," she said pointing towards the thin boy. "and you've met Alby. You probably don't remember your na-" "It's Maiva." You snapped, then quickly forced a smile. You stared at the thin, tall boy, from head to toe. He had blonde messy hair that fell near his eyes. Deep brown eyes, they glistened in the sunlight. Golden rays seemed to fly out of his eyes as you two gazed at each other. You stared at his lips. They were the perfect shape, and his- wait what?! You questioned yourself. I don't even know this guy.
You noticed that you had been staring for far too long, so you quickly looked away, embarrassed. You couldn't erase the thought that he was now staring at you. You felt his eyes burning through your skin, making the tiny hairs on your arms stand up. "Would you shanks quit daydreaming and give her the tour already?!" Alby said sternly, then walked away. "Um, I'll do it." Teresa and Newt said in unison. Let's do it together. Teresa said, smiling flirtatiously at Newt. You rolled your eyes, Newt stared into them. He made your heart pump and your stomach drop. "I've actually gotta do some things. Have fun with the tour greenie." Newt said, winking at you and lightly nudging your shoulder. You helplessly smiled. Clearly in a daze. Snap out of it! You told yourself.
-----------------------------------------------
((Sorry this isn't that good! I have to get through the boring introduction..please comment some tips or whatever, I'd really appreciate it, thanks for reading!))