Chaper 16: Love?

"I love you. I always have, and to hear you say that just kills me. I never knew you felt that way and honestly I feel like it's all my fault for shutting you ou--"

"It's all good, I shut everyone out."

"No. It's not all good. I should have let you shut me out. You built walls, but I should've climbed them. I should've been there, but I was too busy thinking you hated me. I-I don't know what's bloody wrong with me."

"Nothing's wrong with you."

"I just hate this place so much. Everything is crumbling to pieces and all I can do is watch, all we can do is sit here and rot, and there's so many times where I wish I could just get it all over with and kill myself. Then you came, and I actually smiled, I couldn't remember the last time. You gave me so much hope, and I thought I would be happy again, I thought I would recover. But then we stopped talking, and I saw you with Thomas, and I-I don't know. I just felt like I had lost my whole world, but maybe I didn't, because I'm talking to you like I never did before.

I smiled, and he faced me.

"I love your smile."

I rolled my eyes, "Like I said before, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I feel like--"

"It's not your fault."

He moved so close our noses were not even inches from touching.

"Can I please kiss you?"

I smiled as he leaned in and his soft, salty lips comforted mine.

"Newt?"

"Hm?"

"How long have you loved me?"

"Long enough to feel lost without you."

------
Love you guys ❤️ hope you all have a great day at school bc you all look great!!