Chapter 8: Screw Up

"Maiva wait!"

I stormed out of the room, although Thomas did nothing wrong, and neither did Minho.

It was my fault, it was my fault I left Ryan in the maze, my fault I wasn't being the 'mature one' my fault Newt doesn't talk to me anymore, it was all my fault.

I ruin everything I touch; I'm not really sure what the shucking point was to put me here in this hole of sweaty boys.

I was going to run into the maze when Sly, one of the runners, grabbed me and yanked me back. "You can't go in there, the doors are closing soon." He told me, checking his watch.

"I have to fix something."
"It's too late for that now; you screwed up Maiva, now you've put one of our best runners at risk. Perhaps all of us at risk, you shouldn't even be a runner since you can't seem to grow up."

"Yeah, I'm already aware."
I mumbled walking off. I feel so insignificant, this place would be so much better off without me, I mean they were fine before, so why on earth would the need me now?

They don't.

I peeked at Newt in the gardens, maybe he would wave or even do something that would make me feel less worthless, but he only glared at me.

I'm nothing.

------
Sorry I never update this, & this is a filler so I'm sorry it's not good. 💙 stay lovely