Chapter 10: Release

Trigger warning. This applies to the prologue.
-
I woke up feeling even more miserable than yesterday. A part of me was hoping I would fall out of the tree and die in my sleep, but somehow that didn't happen.

The past of yesterday weighed me down. Leaving Ryan in the maze just because I hated him, going off on Minho for looking out for him, yelling at Thomas because I wanted him to leave me alone, me being me was enough to make me want to kill myself. And it still hurt that Newt wouldn't even talk to me.

My world was being torn into pieces and everything was my fault.

I wanted to escape it all.

I needed to.

I fiddled with an arrow head that I stole from the box a while back, glancing at my wrist occasionally.

Before I was about to cut myself, I heard footsteps behind me, but when I looked around, there was no one.

Without hesitation I went for it, the rigid arrowhead came in contact with my smooth, skin, slicing it with ease in thin jagged lines.

I clenched my fist to cope with the pain, but I surprisingly smiled.

Release.

Probably one of the most addicting feeling ever, I know because I've felt it before, and the other marks on my arms were just proof of it.

The feeling was so intense, it was that feeling when the guy you're in love with smiles at you, or when you're about to fall.

That addicting intense feeling that you crave after you get off of a roller coaster.

I watched the blood peacefully trickle down my arm and into the dead grass below me.

It was like watching raindrop fall off a car window.

So calming, so therapeutic, so addicting.

I wiped the blood onto my shirt and threw the arrowhead that had now gotten the best of me.

I turned around to see Minho behind me. "There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere! Ready to run?" He asked, looking up into the tree where I sat.

"You scared me!" I yelled sighing and putting on a fake smile while I quickly pulled my damaged wrist behind my back. "I'm actually feeling a bit under the weather." I lied, avoiding eye contact.

"Shuck it." He mumbled, "You too? You should go see Clint. Catch you later." He said, and ran back toward the glade.

"Good that." I let out the breath that I didn't even know that I was holding.

I made my way down the tree and looked around. My head was spinning, it became hard to concentrate, and black spots swarmed my vision. Static was heard, and everything went black.

------
HEY HEY GUYS PLEASE DONT EVER CUT YOURSELVES. AND PLEASE DONT FORGET THAT YOU ARE A BLESSING TO THIS EARTH, AND IF YOU DONT THINK ANYONE NEEDS YOU; I NEED YOU. STAY STRONG AND I'M HERE FOR YOU IF YOU EVER NEED ANYTHING OKAY?? I LOVE YOU. ❤️