Chaper 14: Why?

"What? Why?" He breathed, nearing himself and examining my arm until I pulled away.

"I could ask you the same." I mumbled, tears pricking my eyes. "Newt why would you do this to yourself? I'm so, so, deeply and truly sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry I never acknowledged you. I-I'm sorry I--"

"Maiva, stop apologizing." He pleaded, "I did this to myself, you didn't do any of it. Sure some of it was because--"

"Because of me?"

Newt looked down. "I-I thought you bloody hated me. I'm so sorry for yelling at you forever ago, I didn't want you to be a runner because I didn't want you to get hurt, I care so much about you, I always will. I was being bloody selfish, and I'm sorry."

"I thought you hated me too." I mumbled.

"Well I don't."

"Neither do I."

"Hey, Newt, we should probably to tie some gauze to our arms before we bleed to death." I let out a soft smile.

"Which is actually the only thing I want to happen to me right now." I mumbled, too quiet for him to hear.

"Right. I'll help you, I don't want you to bloody bleed to death."

I let out a fake nervous laughter. "Wouldn't want that. I'll help you with yours."

------
OH SHUCK IT'S NEWT!! YOU GUYS PROBABLY SAW THAT COMING X3 THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING AND VOTING AND COMMENTING IT WARMS MY HEART. DONT EVER FORGET HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE BC YOU ARE A WORK OF ART. ILYG AND IM HERE FOR YOU❤️❤️
If I get 5 votes today I'll update again😋❤️