Chapter 7: Mistake

*weeks later*
I ended up being a runner, it took a lot of convincing, but luckily Thomas has a soft spot for me and helped Minho lighten up. Newt and I haven't talked for a long while. He's still mad at me for being a runner, but who can help it? Being a runner just takes you to a different place, it helps you escape from that empty hole of cruel people. It also helps the way I feel. It gets my mind off of everything..and it's also a bonus for me because maybe I'll feel happier if I could slim down more. Whatever, anyway, Thomas and I are pretty tight now. I never knew running would make me feel worth something, maybe I did it in my past life.

~"I-I don't remember how to get back." I stuttered,
"Are you telling me you didn't leave any vines to guide us back?!"
~"N-no, I thought you were doing it!"
I shouted at one of the runners, his name was Ryan, and he was a real pain in the butt.
"You shouldn't be shouting at me!"
~"Well you shouldn't be blaming me!"
"Maybe you shouldn't be a runner then! You're just a useless girl, you can barely run without tripping over your own feet every five seconds!"
I ran up to Ryan and punched him right in the face, yeah, never harm another Glader? Shuck that.
~"You can find your own way out, greenie." I retorted.
"You're a heartless piece of klunk!"
~"Thank you, I know!"

I shucking hate that kid.

I found my way back surprisingly easy. I stepped into the lush grass and headed towards the map room.

"Where the shuck is Ryan?" Minho asked. "He's not back yet?" I played it off. "What the shuck Maiva, you're supposed to be watching him!"
"Minho, you already know I hate him, why'd you put me in charge--"
"That's no excuse Maiva! If you're going to be irresponsible you can find yourself another--"
"Guys!" Thomas broke in. "Simmer down, geez!"
"Stay out of this you ugly shuck. Now I have to go and find that slinthead before the shuck doors close."
"Just leave him--"
"I would if we had more shucking runners." Minho remarked.
"Well someone rubbed his hair the wrong way." I forced a laugh.
Thomas sighed, "Well he wasn't like that before.."
"Blaming me huh? Alrighty then."
"Hey, I'm not blaming you I'm just saying--"
"Thomas, I already have problems of my own and my mind isn't the nicest person either so please just let me be."
"What do you mean?" Thomas asked sympathetically, but I don't want his sympathy, I don't need it.
"You don't care, you're just curious. I'll see you later Thomas."

---------
Did you guys like this chapter? Should I change the name to Y/N or keep Maiva? Let me know I want to keep you guys happy!!!❤️ I think I'm going to update every time I get 5 votes. Remember I'm here for you all, have a good night/morning/afternoon.❤️