Chapter 20

(A/n: Hello! *waves hand*
Happy New Year to all my dearest readers.
My best wishes to all.
Please don't be mad at me for such a late update. I'm here drowning in due dates and submissions. But I finally finished this chapter so @YiboZhan5 here, I updated. Enjoy Reading! )

❤️❤️
-----------------

"Yibo..."

As if being pulled out of a trance Yibo turned around with a jerk, eyes widening when the realization hit him.

Rushing to where Zhan was still sitting numbly, he threw himself at him embracing him as if his life depended on it.

"Oh Zhan! I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry...." Yibo continued to mumble countless apologies into Zhan's ears whilst caressing his back.

Being unable to draw out a reaction from of his beloved, Yibo shifted to hold Zhan's face in his hands, staring straight into a pair of dimmed eyes, that were puffed and red from the constant wailing, Yibo couldn't help but curse at himself.

What have I done!? Dammit!

"Zhan?"

All of a sudden Zhan pulled himself away from Yibo's embrace, abruptly standing up he said,
"Yibo. Lets go back. I'm tired".

Unable to think straight or speak straight for that matter Yibo silently followed Zhan.
He needed to explain before Zhan misunderstood him. He wouldn't be able to take it if Zhan misunderstood him as well.

-------------------------------

(Meanwhile)

"Ma'am... I..."

"Shut up! You son of a bitch. I don't want to hear a single excuse from you. Even after I told you exactly what to do and how to do....
HE'S STILL ALIVE?!"

"Ma-Madam... listen to please... I - I swear I planned out everything yet that lover of Mr.Wang appeared out of nowhere and saved him. I have no idea how he manages to save him every single time. The chandelier, the car crash and even though he has forgotten Mr.Wang, he still arrived today to rescue him.
I beg of you Ma'am, spare my life.."
A man spoke hurriedly and a bit unconvincingly.

"Zan-Jin...DARLING. You are the most wanted serial killer in today's date. The entire world is trying to catch a glimpse of the notorious CHILDE JIN. I wonder what would happen if the police were to suddenly know about all of your whereabouts, murders, kidnappings, scandals, I can keep going honey, the list is quite long... Or maybe sending them your head as a present isn't a bad idea too.. What do you suggest? Hmmm?"
Mockery bled out of the words spoken by an angelic voice with a devilish heart.

SILENCE.

"One last chance Ma'am. Two months is all I ask for... If I fail, I shall come looking for death myself. I give you my word. After two months, either Wang Yibo or I, only one of us shall live."

BEEP.

"Xiao Zhan...oh Xiao Zhan. Who on earth are you? Not everything can be a coincidence."

Dialing another number, the receiver answers on the third ring.

"I want every information that you can find about a man named Xiao Zhan. His personal life, professional life, get me every single detail."

"Yes, Ma'am. You'll have the information first thing tomorrow morning."

BEEP.