Chapter 26

(A/n: Hellooooo, my loves!!! I know, I know, I've been gone forever *quite literally* but I am back with a new chapter of The Psychic Soulmate. I hope you all missed me and my book. It's nearing its end and I'm emotional. Thank you for supporting me throughout the hiatus period and sticking by my side during my rough times. Life's been a rollercoaster and I'm just catching my breath. Life happened and I had to look after myself first and somehow it helped me rest and grow. I've taken a long vacation after my exams and now am rejuvenated and ready for my next semester to begin in a week. I'll start work soon too. My life will be busy again! But I'm gonna try to focus on my hobbies a bit more. Try to take out time for myself as well.
This chapter is not too long because the next chapter is important and I wanted to be sweet by not leaving y'all on a bad cliffhanger *hehehe* so forgive me. I hope I don't bore y'all with this chapter. Please be kind. I will try to update more regularly, I really will!!! I hope you like what you read!
This chapter has not been proofread or edited.
Once more, I apologize for the long wait. Happy Reading!)

❤️❤️
—————————————

Yibo closes his eyes. A lone tear escapes against his resistance as he tries to clear his mind.

Right before he could finally fall asleep he hears a sharp scream from upstairs...

"Yibo! Nooo........"

In an instant Yibo's eyes fly open. His body reacts faster than his brain can process his actions. He runs upstairs to find Zhan writhing on the bed screaming Yibo's name repeatedly.

Zhan's eyebrows are furrowed as his arms and legs thrash around. Yibo finds himself trying to control Zhan's movements.

He calls out to Zhan as he engulfs him in a tight embrace.

"Zhan! Listen to me. I'm right here. Beside you. Zhan? Please wake up."

Nothing seems to work but Yibo continues trying to calm him down.

Minutes pass by but Zhan's body keeps shaking violently.

Eventually he screams, "Zhan Ge..."

Yibo's voice cracks as he shouts out loud.

Immediately Zhan opens his eyes, sweating and breathing hard. Yibo, still holding onto Zhan as if his life depended on it, let's out a sigh of relief.

Zhan, though, keeps staring at him as if in a haze, thinking to himself.
There's no way... Why would she do this? Why? No. I have to save Yibo. For the last time, I must save Yibo.

"Was he having a nightmare? Zhan Ge, have you been suffering from nightmares even more than before?" Yibo accidentally utters his thoughts out loud.

Zhan snaps out of his dazed state and calmly moves out of Yibo's embrace then says, "Yeah. It was a nightmare. I'm okay now so you can go to sleep."

Yibo, taken by surprise, moves away from Zhan and stands up.

A little hurt by what Zhan said, he once more puts on a cold front. "Well then I have nothing else to say. Make sure you don't wake me up again. I have work at 8, please be gone before I wake up. Thank you," with that Yibo turns around and as he's about to leave the room Zhan speaks up, "Wait."