eleven

Soomin's eyes glimmered with tears as she watched the salt in the water sparkle from the light that the newly coming out moon began emitting.

Her legs shivered as the cold winter breeze hit her. Her button red nose wiggled as she sniffled as a result from her cries.

Droplets from her tears ran down her face. She was aware that she could get sick from the cold weather but she didn't care. She wanted to enjoy the place where her mother always took her as a child, where the ashes of the deceased woman were now scattered.

"Mom.." She croaked out between her cries and stared at the ocean, facial expression changing with her cries.

"Why did you have to leave me with them.." She cried out, not caring if anyone was near her or listening to her cries.

"I fucking miss you!" She yelled out into the air that resided above the ocean. The grass tickled her as she was in a kneeled position, using all her energy to let out those cries.

Tiny sobs came out of her mouth and she ran her fingers through her hair, pulling at it slightly. She wanted to figure out why the hell everything was going the way it was.

From the depths of the trees that resided on the cliff stood a boy. He held the carcass of a dead animal and drained the blood for he did not want to feed off of a human this night.

His sharp ears heard the cries of a girl and he was about to walk away until he heard the girl speak.

"Why can't you just come back to me.." The voice who he immediately recognized to be Soomin's cried out in a low tone.

He decided to step closer and closer until he finally saw her sitting there. He would have approached if it weren't from the fact that she wasn't alone.

A bright light surrounded the girl and a woman dressed in all white embraced her. White tears fell from the woman's eyes and her pale skin glowed.

"I'm sorry.." The woman softly said as her tears ran down her face. She suddenly turned towards Renjun and made eye contact that he stiffened at.

He knew what she was. He knew that Soomin wasn't able to see her either.

The woman gave a sad smile towards Renjun, knowing that he was her friend after watching her interactions with him from the sky. She knew everything between them. She knew the way they had nothing but hatred for each other in the beginning only to be broken by one interaction on this same cliff.

She stepped towards Renjun which frightened him. He didn't want to come in contact with an angel since he was someone from the depths of hell.

She understood his fright and nodded at him.

"Please take care of her." The woman said with her soft voice and turned to face her daughter.

She walked back to the girl and gave her a small kiss on her cheek which she could not feel and faced Renjun once again.

"I know you are a vampire but I do trust you. All I ask is that you care for her for the care she needs right now is not there." She said to the boy and awaited his response. She knew that Soomin had Jaemin and Jeno as her best friends but as of right now, her only option was to ask Renjun seeing as they had at least a somewhat different connection from the others. It was something that she would consider special.

He stood there in thought, wondering if he should agree to help the angel. He would be getting nothing in return was his first thought until his eyes laid on Soomin.

Soomin was his only female friend. He saw her brightened expressions anytime she was happy and it could always bring the mood up in the room. Though he doesn't show it, he did slightly enjoy her presence when she was happy. It was as if it's her natural ability.