twenty six

Nothing much had happened in the past two weeks after Soomin and Renjun's most "perfect date."

After the date, they seemed to become closer than before, which was seemingly impossible since the two were already quite clingy and close.

Surprisingly during those two weeks, Misun had left the couple alone, which of course neither were complaining about.

It was a Friday after school and Soomin and Renjun were ok their way to Jaemin's house. Jaemin, Jeno, and Haechan decided to head to Jeno's house for some "bro time" to talk about whatever it is guys talk about and also play video games. Renjun was also planning on going which is why he was now walking her home.

Soomin was of course really sad but she decided it was best to let them do them seeing as how she needed her own time alone as well.

Jaemin's parents also had to leave once again for a business trip meaning Soomin would be alone in the house for the entirety of the night until Jaemin returned.

"Just remember to keep the doors locked and remember to say my name three times if anything happens, okay?" Renjun said as they stopped in front of the door.

"Okay mom." She said in a teasing voice and Renjun rolled his eyes.

"Sorry I care for you?" He said and Soomin laughed a bit before kissing his lips.

"Dont be. I like the fact that you care." She said and Renjun smiled at her, arms wrapping around her waist.

"Ive gotta get going before they complain." He said and she nodded.

"I'll see you hopefully tomorrow if you decide to visit." She said and he nodded.

"I'll try. I'll see you hopefully tomorrow."

And with that, he gave her one last kiss before walking away to Jeno's house, leaving Soomin there all alone.

She walked inside the home and sat in the couch, bored out of her mind. She would usually talk to Jaemin or play games with him but this time she was all alone.

She sat there flicking through some shows for a few minutes before deciding it was best to get out of her uniform and have a self care night.

She happily hopped up the stairs going straight to pick out a nice comfy pair of pajamas and heading to the bathroom.

The steaming hot water hit her skin and she felt amazing. The feeling was ethereal to her and to top it all off, music blasted through her speaker. It was turning out to be an amazing night for Soomin with just that shower alone.

She had ended her shower with a delighted sigh before drying herself off and getting dressed.

Her hair was put back with a headband and she looked at herself in the mirror before beginning to use her skin care products to help her skin.

After a few minutes, she looked at herself and saw herself absolutely glowing. She looked at the time and realized she had a few more hours to herself so she decided the next best thing to do was to eat some
snacks while watching a few movies or shows on Netflix.

Excited, she bounced while walking and quickly rushed down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen to look at what snacks they could have.

As she entered the said area, she stared out into the dark night that was revealed through the window.

She silently cursed the winter for making 7pm look so scary and dark.

As Soomin began to gather a few snacks, she heard light tapping.

She wanted to put the tapping off as rain but when she looked out the window, it appeared to be a dry night. She shook her head at the thought, simply finding herself to get scared for no reason until the tapping continued to intensify.

She was trying to figure out where the noise came from and what kind of surface until she turned around, coming eye to eye with a man who held a menacing smile staring at her through the living room window.

Soomin froze in shock, trying to make out the details of the man's face. She knew she could recognize it but all thoughts were leaving her head as the darkness devoured him and making it quite difficult for her to differentiate his features. One thing that was not hard to distinguish was the knife that was being held by the man who held the creepiest smile known to man. Fire red eyes appeared as he laid eyes on the girl and she just stood still.

Soomin was getting scared. Her hands moved backwards, trying to find a drawer while also trying not to break eye contact with the man as she worked her brain to figure out his identity.

Her hand fell on the drawer she needed and she opened it hastily before pulling out a kitchen knife and holding it in front of her and maintaining an 'I won't hesitate to kill you' face as a way to threaten the man who stared at her.

Instead of backing away as she had hoped, the man simply let out a silent chuckle before disappearing from the window.

Soomin noticed he had faced the front door and she booked it up the stairs to her room, locking the door and turning off the lights. She went straight under the bed and held the knife right by her chest, ready to hurt anyone who would come near her.

All her thoughts were leaving her head as fear engulfed the entirety of her body once she heard the front door click and a pair of heavy footsteps wandering around the bottom floor.

Soomin had never feared for her life as much as she did at that point and time.

Yes, she may have been one to completely disregard her life when coming in contact with a vampire and pretty much anything else that could possibly kill her, claiming it was because "it was the way life goes and she wasn't one to decide her fate" but now that she had someone to care for, she had someone who made her feel on top of the world, she had someone she loved in so much more than a best-friendly manner, she no longer wanted to accept a fate that can be avoided.

Silent sobs escaped her mouth as she heard the man chuckle from down the stairs.

"Soomin~"

"Daddy's home~"