thirteen

Renjun stood near the entrance of the school building, talking to Haechan.

"So that's basically what happened." Renjun ended his explanation for what happened the night before with Soomin and Haechan nodded in understanding.

"I can't believe you made a deal with an angel. What happened to the old Renjun that would curse out everyone?" Haechan asked and Renjun just shrugged before a smile formed on his face as he laid eyes on the girl he was planning to meet. She was standing there talking to Jaemin and Jeno before waving them off.

"Ah I see now. Guess Soomin has that kind of effect on everyone." Haechan said as he noticed Renjun's expression.

"What do you mean everyone?" Renjun asked, continuing the conversation, waiting for Soomin to notice him.

"Soomin's a sweet girl. She may be a bitch at times but she also has a soft spot. Once you've hit that soft spot and become friends with her, you feel an instant uplifting in your mood a lot of the times when she's around. She just has that good vibe, yaknow?" Haechan said and called out for the girl, waving his hand in the air to gain her attention that she caught immediately.

A bright smile formed on her face and ignored all the stares she was getting.

"Youre right." Renjun said quietly to the boy and put a smile on his face as Soomin approached.

"Hey guys!" She said and gave them both a quick hug.

"Hello and goodbye. I gotta head home so now my little Renjun is all yours." Haechan said and bowed jokingly to Soomin, making her laugh.

"I'll see you around, Bae." He said while ruffling her hair and waved goodbye to his two friends, leaving them there alone.

"So what's up?" She asked Renjun, not knowing why he wanted to meet her in the first place.

"Just assumed I should keep you company since I have a feeling you won't be going home." He said and Soomin nodded with a smile.

"You're assumptions are right. I don't wanna come in contact with my stepfamily and dad." She said and was about to lead them in a random direction until her eyes laid on Misun and her dad talking and walking happily.

She grabbed a hold of Renjun's arm and led the way to a small place where they could hide but still have them in their sight.

Renjun was shocked and didn't understand why she suddenly dragged him.

"What happened?" He asked in a whisper tone, noticing how she was trying to hide.

"Dad and Misun. Guess they're waiting to see me." Soomin said as she noticed them both looking around.

She grabbed a hold of Renjun's hand and began stealthily leading the way to somewhere out of their sight which happened to be the back of the school building.

"Phew." Soomin exclaimed and wiped off the fake sweat on her forehead, making Renjun laugh.

"Bae, it's cold as shit out here. How the hell do you girls survive wearing a skirt?" Renjun asked as he noticed her bare legs were getting hit by the cold winter breeze.

"I just got used to it plus my little nightly visits to the cliff helped." She replied with a wide grin and let go of his hand.

"Wanna go somewhere?" Soomin asked the boy as she leaned back against the brick wall of the school building.

"Don't kno-" Renjun was cut off by the strong scent of fresh blood dripping. His eyes changed from their dark brown to a blood red and immediately turned his head towards the scent.