CATRADORA SPECIAL

I know it's, like, really late to be posting this, but I really wanted to so yeah!

***NEW YEARS SPECIAL***

ADORA

I'm really excited about this new year! Catra said she would celebrate it with me. Entrapta said it's a holiday people from a different planet celebrate. It sounds like a lot of fun!

"Okay!" Glimmer says out of breath. I turn around to face her. "I have the streamers, ballons, confetti cannons, and squeakers! I think that is all Entrapta asked for!"

"Sounds great! Hey, have you seen Catra? She said she would celebrate with us!"

She rolls her eyes. "Thankfully I have not. That cat lady really gets on my nerves."

I sigh. When is she going to get here? I know she doesn't like setting things up, so maybe she'll get here later.

"Glimmer! Adora! I've got a little problem!" Bow yells from across the room. We look over to see four bowls of chips stacked on top of each other in his hands. "Could you guys maybe grab a couple of these?"

Glimmer and I rush over. I grab two of the bowls and Glimmer grabs one. Bow sets his bowl down and we follow his actions.

"I don't know why Entrapta wants so many snacks, there's not going to be a lot of people here," he says.

"Well," Glimmer says. "There's going to be us, Entrapta, Scorpia, Perfuma, Mermista, Frosta, and Seahawk."

"And Catra!" I add.

Glimmer looks like she wants to say something but doesn't. 

"What is it?"

She bites her lip. "I'm not sure she's gonna come."

I smile. "She'll be here!" 

She smiles too. "Okay."

"Is that all the set up we have to do?" I ask.

"I think so! Now we just have to pick fancy outfits!"

"Yay! I get to where a suit!"

Glimmer and I laugh. 

"Guys!" Entrapta yells. "We have a big problem!"

"What is it?" Bow asks. 

"Mermista fogot the presents!"

"You never said there were presents involved." Bow says. Glimmer and I nod.

"Oh. I must have been thinking of another holiday...Oh well! I think we're almost set then! We just need the people!"

"Yeah..." I say. 

Bow shoots me a sympathetic smile. I smile back. She'll be here!

"We have an hour until midnight!" Glimmer exclaims.

***30 MINUTES LATER***

Catra still isn't here. I don't know where she could be. Hell, I don't even know where she lives!

Mermista puts a hand on my shoulder and I look up at her.

"If she doesn't wanna be here, she doesn't wanna be here. Therefore, she's not worth your time if you're not worth hers." Even after such a warming speech, she still manages to sound bored.

"Thanks Mermista." I give her a half smile. She gives me a thumbs up and makes her way over to the chips.

CATRA

How do people pick out clothes??? UGH! I am SO gonna be late. I check the time. SHIT. I'm 3 hours late. Guess I better pick something fast.

I grab a black pantsuit with a black ring and slip it on in record time.

I run out of my house and to the ~princess castle~. I never thought I'd be this excited to be visiting a bunch of arrogant royal snobs.

When I get there, it's only 5 minutes until midnight. Shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!

When I make it onto the balcony where the others are, there's only 7 seconds left in the countdown.

ADORA

There's only 5 minutes until midnight and Catra is nowhere to be found. Almost all hopes of her coming are gone. At least I get to celebrate with most of my friends, though. It's just some stupid holiday that we don't celebrate anyways. Why should I care if she's here. 

"EVERYONE! Get your hats and confetti cannons and squeakers ready! It'll be midnught in 3 minutes!!!" Entrapta yells to everyone.

I walk over to the table of hats and party supplies. I pick out a hat in a cone shape. It has yellow, sliver, and sparkly silver stripes. I also pick up a random squeaker.

By the time I'm done, there's only a minute left. 

I walk to the balcony with the others. Before I know it we're shouting, "10, 9, 8, 7!" 

"5, 4!"

"Hey Adora," someone whispers in my ear.

I turn my head to face her and she kisses me. A second later I can hear the confetti cannons being pulled and triggered. 

I toss my squeaker to who knows-and frankly who cares-where and kiss her back. I hear them scream "Happy New Years" as Catra and I kiss.

Hesitantly, I pull away. "I didn't think you were gonna make it," I say. I can hardly see her because it's so dark.

She chuckles. "Neither did I."

I smile and kiss her again. 

"Well look who finally showed up," says Glimmer in an annoyed tone. Catra pulls away from the kiss and roll her eyes.

"Hey Sparkles," she says leaning on my back now. I can tell she's smirking.

She clenches her fists and walks over to Bow to talk to him instead.

"Happy New Years," she whispers in my ear.