Serial killer

SKYLER'S POV

How rude of Damon not to help me, he just yanked my best friend

How rude of Damon not to help me, he just yanked my best friend. Like okay, leave me here to die. "Okay, i'm totally prepared for whatever shit is about to go down. Yep, this is how I'm gonna die." I quickly push that thought out of my conscious mind. However, my face softens as I see Klaus, I have to admit I was scared over who it was.

"I'm not that scary am I?" Klaus answers back, putting his hand to his chest as he acts as if he was hurt by my comment.

"Just when you sneak up on people but it's good to see you and not a serial killer." I let slip out which I mentally slapped myself for because saying 'it was good to see you' would not end well for his ego.

"Well love, is Damon bothering you?" Before I could even bring myself to answer, Yasmine answers for me.

"Yes. He is. Can we leave him?" I snigger at my best friends eager attitude to leave the raven haired guy that's been bothering us.

"Follow me, love." Klaus gestures for me to follow him in which I do. I gaze into his mesmerising eyes that have just swept me off my feet then and there.

"So.. what brings you into the woods?" I ask Klaus, the conversation just flows, there's no awkward silence.

"Well I was just heading out for a walk until I heard the most beautiful voice of Skyler Morgan. Now who could ever forget that beautiful voice?" I smile as I playfully hit him in the arm. When I'm around Klaus, I immediately feel like I'm letting my guard down. I've only known him since last night but I can't stop picturing him. He's embedded himself into my mind, there's no way out. It's a trapped image but frankly, I don't want him to leave my mind.

"Okay well, I'm gonna walk ahead and give you two some alone time." Yasmine said to me as she rushes to get distance between us. I laugh at her sudden reaction.

"How long have you two been friends?" Klaus asks as soon as Yasmine dashes off. "Oh uh.. since as long as I can remember. We've been best friends ever since we were kids. That's the way it's always been. I mean shit, I'm stuck with her." Klaus laughs as I mock my best friend but in a loving way. Klaus tells me how he's never really had a best friend which makes me feel sympathetic. Nobody should live a life without a best friend.

Moments pass and I seem to be unraveling my life story for Klaus to learn all about. I told him about how I was always in foster care and I never had a family until a day ago. Klaus informs me about his family and how his sister can be the worst. Apparently his so called sister Rebekah is quite the bitch but he loves her for it.

Klaus and I carry on walking at a fairly slow speed but fast enough to not lose Yasmine. Just as I was about to take another step I accidentally trip over the lace of my shoe. I immediately closed my eyes, awaiting for the thud of the ground from me falling but it never occurred. Before I could even touch the floor, two strong arms had caught me just in time. Klaus helps me stand up on my own two feet. "Easy love, we can't have you breaking a leg." I chuckle as those words escape his mouth.

"Thank you for catching me." I look up to see Klaus glancing back down at me. Looking into my eyes for a brief moment before his eyes travel to my lips. He inhales a deep breath before coming closer to my face but reality hits me just before I do something stupid. That I could potentially regret for the rest of my life. I adjust myself out of Klaus' arms to create more space between Klaus and I.

I watch as a disappointed look comes across his face for a brief moment, like he was really looking forward to a kiss but he covers it up with a charming smile. "Come on love, your friend is probably waiting." He motions his head forward which I decide to follow him down the path. Luckily, that almost kiss didn't make things awkward, we pretended like it never happened. I am not quite sure if it's a good or bad thing.

Klaus and I carried on laughing on how we share a talent in not being able to cook. As I told him the many stories in which I tried but failed miserably in doing so. "I am the worst cook this world has ever seen Skyler." He jokes around.

"No, you can't be, that title has already been claimed by me." We laugh at our shared failures. Klaus then informs he how he should be getting back to his place. Therefore, I wave goodbye to him as we part ways. I watch as he walks off into the distance. Just before I run up to Yasmine, my phone starts to ring. I quickly pull it out of my jacket pocket as I notice Bonnie's name popped up on my screen. I answer the phone and put it straight against my ear. "Hey Bonnie, what's up?" I exclaim joyfully.

"Oh I was wondering if you'd like to have lunch with grams and I. You know, to have a chat about current developments in knowledge." I immediately knew that Bonnie was talking about magic but didn't want to say the word in case anyone was around.

"Oh yeah, sounds great. What time and where do you want to meet?" Bonnie then informs me that she wants to meet her her grams' place as I already have the address for the place. Bonnie tells me she would like to meet at 1pm sharp. Which I immediately agree to. When I end the call, I realise that the time was already 12:45. I needed to leave the woods if I wanted to be at my grandmother's house in time. I quickly told Yasmine that I would be leaving and she immediately left with me.

———————————————————————

A/N: Don't come at me for calling Rebekah a bitch, she's actually my favourite female character in the show! She's a complete badass so I don't hate her.