I'm weak

YASMINE'S POV

Damon gently lays me down on the plush bed in the Salvatore Manor before I release a huge breath

Damon gently lays me down on the plush bed in the Salvatore Manor before I release a huge breath. I stare at my pale hands as the blood from Damon slowly heals me - covering up every single scab, wound. It's like nothing ever happened and I wasn't sure to celebrate in victory or cry.

I shoot Damon a small but grateful smile as he hands me a glass of water. I nearly sigh out loudly in relief the second the cool liquid hits my throat and I don't stop until the glass is empty. I set the now empty glass on the bedside table as Damon climbs into bed next to me, pulling me into his hard chest. I watch Klaus and Skyler argue about getting one seat before Klaus sits down and pulls her onto his lap. He whispers something in her ear and she smiles.

"They're cute, huh? Like lovesick teenagers." Damon whispers into my ear and I nod in agreement before I look down at my hands again. It's like nothing happened, it was all smooth once again. He sighs quietly and runs his fingers through my hair as I continue staring at my smooth skin.

"You okay?" Skyler asks softly and I look up at her, tears welling in my eyes. She sighs and pulls me into a tight hug before pulling away.

"Thank you. All of you." I choke out and continue staring at my hands. The pain, the agony, the weakness. I still felt it. My head is a mess from my brain constantly berating me on how weak I was earlier, how I couldn't even calm down enough to access my magic. "I'm sorry I put you in that position, I am so weak..." I trail off before I look up at Skyler. "You need to send me away, I'm nothing but a liability."

I see her eyes blaze in anger and I nearly chuckle. She's always been such a firecracker. "Yasmine Hale. You are by no means weak-"

"I know, emotionally, I am not. Physically, I am. And I put all of you in danger to save me. If only I was strong enough to fight Ryan, I wouldn't have led you all into some fucking psychopath's maze." I scoff out.

"Your strength does not lie in your physical abilities, it lies inside you. The very fact that you stood your ground, stayed loyal to us and still fought through all the shit they put you through shows me just how bloody strong you are." Skyler shoots back and I go silent.

"And if I must add, your magic definitely kept you alive. You were strong enough to ensure your own safety despite all the mental torture and that takes a lot of admirable strength." Klaus inputs almost instantly. He then presses a kiss to Skyler's temple as I sigh.

"Why couldn't I access my magic?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Honestly? I have no clue. None of us know what kind of witch you are or whose blood run inside you but I keep getting this nagging feeling that it's going to catch up with us." Klaus holds my gaze and I raise a questioning brow.

"What do you mean?"

"It means that we need to find out what you can really do. But my best guess is that you were panicking too much which might explain why you couldn't access your magic." He takes one look at my fallen face before he quickly adds. "And not because you're weak, you were just afraid and I would be too if I were in that position."

"You're an original, you'd have everyone dead in seconds and so would Skyler if she was in my position." I deadpan and Klaus chuckles warily. He looks up at Skyler with lovestruck eyes before he looks back at me, a knowing look on his face.

"Even, I, have my weaknesses. One that they can kill, Yasmine." I know he's referring to Skyler being his biggest weakness and I chew on my bottom lip nervously.

"You need to stop beating yourself up over it." Skyler leans forward to capture my hand and squeezes it gently. "You are the strongest person I know." I suddenly realize that Damon is stroking my back reassuringly as he stays silent. Odd.

"I still think you should send me away." I mumble under my breath and Skyler smacks my arm lightly.

"Nobody is sending anyone away, you're staying because you're an amazing woman and I need my sister around. So what if you couldn't access your magic? You were still strong enough to keep yourself alive and I tell you, Yasmine, one day you will unlock your full potential and on that day, I will scream a big fat I told you so." She huffs and that makes me crack a huge smile as I laugh.

"A big fat I told you so?" I laugh as I mimic her.

She rolls her eyes, her lips attempting to fight her smile. "Yes, dumbass. I'm going to hold you to it so now hush about the sending you away. Just rest okay? We will come back and check up on you. Would you like something to eat?"

I nod quickly. "Yes, please. I'm starving."

"We will see to it that you and Damon get some food. Feel better, Yasmine." Klaus smiles and with that, the two of them disappear into the living room, closing the door behind them to leave Damon and I all alone. A very silent Damon.

Seconds tick by before I let out a small groan. "Say something, Damon. It's usually hard to shut you up so your silence is scaring me."

Damon chuckles as he runs his fingers through my hair and I let my body sag, relaxing against his chest. My back snuggles up into him and I lay my head against his shoulder. He presses a kiss against my temple softly.

"I never really shut up, huh?"

"You rarely shut up, sometimes I wonder if you come with an off button."

He snorts. "You'd love that." Silence hangs over us and I swallow nervously.

"You are the strongest woman I've ever met, Yasmine. You have not only fought for yourself to get through your life that has thrown so many obstacles at you, you have also fought hard for Skyler and stood up for her everytime. You stayed loyal to all of us and continue doing so no matter how much life gets to you." He inhales sharply before resuming.

"You could have left out of jealousy, you could have given us up. But no, you stand by us, fighting till your last breath and that's admirable. Despite all the shit you just went through, you are still here, fighting. I know that was traumatic but you are still holding your ground and again, that is admirable. Sky was right, you are emotionally a strong woman but the second you unlock your powers, you'll be unstoppable."

I feel tears well up in my eyes as my throat clogs up. "You mean that?"

"Every word."

"Thank you, Damon. And thank you for coming back for me." I whisper and he presses his lips against my temple once again, staying there for several seconds.

"Did you forget that I was always going to be around?" His sharp gaze holds me captive and I nod.

"Always, huh? Seems like a long time." I ask breathlessly.

"That's right and you better believe it. I will follow you till the end of the world to ensure your safety and I'd do it in a heartbeat."