Mikealson ball

SKYLER'S POV

My breath hitched as I awaited for others to appear the Mikaelson ball, I stood next to Klaus and Rebekah

My breath hitched as I awaited for others to appear the Mikaelson ball, I stood next to Klaus and Rebekah. Whilst Kol and Elijah were no where to be seen, Klaus and his siblings were convinced that if anyone was helping Esther, it would be Finn. I hate to say it but they were most likely are correct. Therefore, Finn knew nothing of our plan. I was convinced Esther was using this ball for her own gain so I informed all the siblings to not eat or drink anything. The item could be spelled, it's better to be safe then sorry. I glanced around the room, it looked beautiful, elegant and beyond dreamlike. It was a shame that Esther's intentions were not as pure as we believed them to be. "Are you alright love?" Klaus turns to me after his little discussion with Rebekah ended.

"Yeah, I am okay. It's just I wish things could be different." Without having to explain myself further, Klaus knew exactly what I was talking about. He then lent towards my ear.

"Me too. Did I mention you looked ever so ravishing tonight. Your boyfriend has awfully outstanding taste." Klaus glanced into my eyes as he finished his sentence, his lips formed themselves into a smirk. Smug little shit he is.

"Are you talking about the dress or your taste in women?" Klaus' eyes travelled their way to my nude colour lips. He stares at my lips as he takes a deep breath whilst licking his lips.

"Both." Klaus quietly slips out a word before caressing my cheeks and pulling me into a kiss. His tongue swirls itself around my mouth dominantly. He then pulls away ever so quickly leading me to suck in a breath.

"Save it for the bedroom. By the way, did I tell you that you look ever so handsome?" I uttered, yearning a smirk from Klaus as his mind wonders. Klaus looked so handsome in his suit and his white bow made him look adorable but yet sexy. I fought the urge to rip his suit off then and there. I quickly adjust my view to Rebekah who was now engaging in a conversation with a young man.

"Becks, let's go freshen up, I think my lipstick needs adjusting immediately." Rebekah chuckled, walking away with me towards the nearest bathroom. As I turned my head, I couldn't help but notice a tense Stefan staring down at me. His jaw clenched as moved his arm uncomfortably.

Rebekah and I had just adjusted our makeup and was just in time for the Elijah to announce a speech. Klaus gestured for Rebekah and I to join him so we elegantly strutted up the stairs, being careful to not slip. As I reach to where Klaus was standing, he wrapped a arm around me protectively. He smiled down at me before returning his gaze towards his brother. Allowing him to have everyone's full attention.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah announces as he smiles back at his siblings and I.