Goodbye

I'm incredibly bored right now, so I'm not sure how this oneshot will turn out. 

Synopsis: Final battle in Endgame. Enough said. I should also mention that I rewatched the portals scene in Endgame, and it took me a couple of minutes just to process the greatness of the scene all over again (When Black Panther entered, though, that hit different).

You thought all was lost when Thanos snapped Steve's shield in half. He broke Vibranium like it was nothing; he snapped it like a pencil. In fact, you were already running through your last words in your head. 

Maybe you were a psycho, but all of this was kind of peaceful. The two sides of the battle had momentarily paused. 

It was like the year 2020. When news of the virus first came out, everyone was terrified. The later you got into 2020, the more normal the odd events became. However, things were still terrible. You just got used to it. When Thanos snapped, it had been extremely hard. You lost Peter, who was pretty much family to you, considering that your dad, Tony Stark, practically adopted him. You were in the Endgame now, and you had come to terms with it. But there was still a fire in your soul and a nudge that told you to keep fighting. You had worked too hard and risked too much just to give up here. Seeing the weakened Captain, Thor, and your dad just didn't sit well with you.

"... on your left." 

You widened your eyes and pressed the commlink further into your ear. It couldn't be, could it? You only knew one other man who said the same phrase. Regardless of what your dad did the past five years, avoiding Steve and all, you did your best to visit Steve and Natasha. They told you numerous stories of their past and, of course, those who were dusted. 

Your questions were answered when a portal opened next to you, creating a gateway for the King of Wakanda. You took off your helmet to make sure you were seeing clearly. FRIDAY rarely glitched, but this was a battle with Thanos. Anything was possible. 

You couldn't help but crack a grin as Okoye gave you a small nod. You and Natasha had been communicating with the Avengers left, and she was one of them. Sam flew out of the portal, Dr. Strange and the other Sorcerors followed after him, and Peter jumped into the scene. 

The team was back. The army was together. Your family had returned. 

You turned your gaze from the people that surrounded you and found Thanos staring in disbelief. 

You made eye contact with your mom and dad, giving them a small nod. You would all be okay. 

"Avengers!" Captain cried. "Assemble!"

Classic Captain, you thought as you placed your helmet back onto your head. 

You charged with everyone into battle, blasting at the aliens with your Iron Man-style suit. 

Honestly, throughout the entire battle, you had no idea what was going on. Through short commlink conversations, you got the gist of it. You had to return the stones to where they came from or destroy them. You had to defeat Thanos once and for all.

"(Y/N)!" Clint cried, tossing the gauntlet to you before any of the enemies could take it away from him. You nodded in understanding and flew up into the air, searching for Scott's van, the only place that had access to the quantum realm.

"Take cover!" someone screamed. You stared at Thanos' ships, which had their guns aimed at the Avengers below. You narrowly dodged one of the bullets, only to get blasted by a bullet right next to it. It slammed you into the ground, forcing you to take in gulps of air. 

You still had the gauntlet, but it wouldn't be safe in your arms for long. Not in your current state. 

"Are you alright?" T'Challa asked, running up to you.