A Choice of my Own

Synopsis: (Y/N), Tony Stark's daughter, doesn't want to be an Avenger.

"Dad, I appreciate the suit and the training and all, but..."

"What?" he asked, continuing to drink his coffee.

The rest of the Avengers stayed out of the conversation, but you knew they were going to hear what you had to say.

"... I don't want to be an Avenger."

Bucky choked on his plum while Scott spat out his orange slices. The rest of the Avengers stared at you in shock.

"What!?" Your dad didn't seem to fully comprehend what you were saying.

"Listen, you guys are family to me, and I really love you guys. I respect and admire what you do, I just don't think that's what I want to do."

"So what do you want to do instead?" Natasha wondered, her being the most calm in the room.

"I want to travel the world and write," you stated.

"That's far from what we do," Steve admitted.

"We travel the world as Avengers!" Tony exclaimed, raising his voice.

"Yeah, with guns following your every move!" you shot back. "I don't constantly want to be on the gun point. I don't want to constantly be pulling the trigger."

"What are we going to tell the press tomorrow!? We were going to announce you becoming an Avenger!"

"I don't know! You and Mom will figure something out. Didn't you announce your engagement when Peter opted out?"

"Please don't drag me into thing," Peter sighed, slumping down in his chair.

Your Dad was too focused on you than he was to all the Avengers' comments.

"I don't have anything to announce!"

"Then talk to Mom!" you yelled, slamming your hands on the table. 

The room was silent, but you didn't enjoy the looks in the Avengers' eyes. They knew that you were going to get in trouble for that outburst.

"(Y/N) (Y/M/N) (Y/L/N), you are going to become an Avenger tomorrow whether you want to or not." He stood up from the table to take over his dish.

"Tony, that's not --" 

"(Y/N) is not your kid, Cap," Tony snapped as he stormed out of the room.

"Stop it," you scolded, glaring at all the Avengers.

"What are we doing?" Wanda asked, her eyebrows scrunching together.

"You're all giving me looks of sympathy. Knock it off. I'll handle this one way or another."

~~~~~

You slipped on a sweatshirt, baseball cap, and sunglasses, making sure all of the things you were wearing none of the Avengers had ever seen before. If you were going to run away, you had to be smart about how you were going to do this. 

You slipped some extra clothes, money, food, and a waterbottle into a backpack. You didn't have to be gone for long, you just had to make sure that this Avenger promotion didn't happen. 

You opened a safe that only you knew the password to. Inside were all of the special weapons and technology you had created, including an AI your Mom, Dad, or the Avengers wouldn't be able to track. You slipped the AI bracelet, which you called Thursday, onto you wrist and ankles. You also pulled out a stun gun. It was designed like a regular gun, but instead of bullets, it sent out large electrical stuns that could paralyze/knockout even the strongest agent, regardless of whether or not they had a suit on.