Broken Family

I apologize for not updating for a while! School bombards me with work, so by the time I actually have time to write, I'm either too brain dead/lacking the mental capacity to pay attention to grammar and stuff.

Synopsis: The Avengers, after the final battle (in Endgame), disbanded without their core members. 

Running, running, running. 

It seemed to be the only thing you did these days. 

After Tony and Natasha's funerals, everything seemed to fall apart. Thor and the Guardians were off somewhere in the galaxy, Carol was probably thousands of light-years away, Clint was with his family, Peter was in Italy, Wanda was MIA, Shuri and T'Challa were in Wakanda leading their kingdom while running studies on the Quantum realm with Doctor Strange and Bruce, Sam and Bucky were off doing something important (or so they claimed when they last saw you), Scott was with his daughter and Hope, and Valkeryie was leading New Asgard. 

You didn't want to ask and stay with any of them, as they were all still full-time heroes. You were managing. You were an adult, after all. A young one, but still capable of handling yourself. 

What bothered you the most, though, was that every call you made to check-in went to automatic voicemail.  

Bullets ripped through the windshield, immediately knocking you out of your head. 

You jerked on the steering wheeling, barely veering back to the center of the road before you were able to get knocked off of it.

"You guys are lucky this is an old car!" you screamed at the numerous vehicles surrounding your loud car.  "Otherwise I would jump right out of here and kill you all!"

Your words did nothing to scare the gang members chasing after you. 

This was hardly new. When you first found out that you had a large bounty on your head, you were surprised, but then it all made sense. Not only were you an 'Avenger,' but you were on your own with no special powers (except your wit, maybe. Tony used to say that it was your superpower). 

That made you an easy target. 

One of the cars slammed into the side of yours, causing your head to jerk against the steering wheel. The smell of burnt tires scraping against the pavement made you cringe. 

"Can you guys give me a break? Don't I get at least one day off," you groaned as you cocked your gun.

One side of the car started to lean towards the ground as the car spun around. Quickly kicking the window to pieces, you lept out of the car and tumbled to the ground, just before the car veered itself off of the steep hill into the trees down below. 

You wouldn't be able to contact the FBI or anyone in this area. You were practically in the middle of nowhere and without a ride. 

"Just my luck," you mumbled as the numerous gang members filed out of their car.

You cocked your guns and immediately started firing at every single guy that came out of the car. You hated that this is what you had to resort to, but this was survival, not to mention these were some of America's number one criminals. 

A sound of a roaring engine was the only thing that made you stop. You quickly lept out of the way before a car ran into you. 

How many of these guys were there?

"I recommend you stop," the gruff voice commanded, pointing a gun to your forehead. 

If he had been alone, you would have easily been able to take him down. However, he had numerous henchmen who were all armed, which would make it nearly impossible to make it out alive.