He Isn't The Bad Guy

Synopsis: Thor calls in the Avengers to help get rid of Hela once and for all. The timeline isn't perfect here, let's just pretend some events, especially Infinity War and Endgame, didn't happen.

This one-shot will be longer than usual and may need 2+ parts. 

"Asgard?" Steve shifted nervously. 

Thor had randomly dropped in and requested all of the Avengers to have a meeting. He went on and on about Asgard, but you couldn't focus on a single word he said.

You hadn't been to Asgard before, but all that you'd experienced from that place was bad. Thor described it as a beautiful place, and you don't doubt it,  but the people from there always brought trouble.

"Why do we need to travel to Asgard, again?" Tony asked. 

"What did Loki do...?" Natasha added. 

You clenched your shaking fist and tried to hide it under the table. Of everything that came from Asgard, Loki was by far the worst. The Battle of New York had been your first big important battle and Loki had taken note of that. When you attempted to attack him, he had thrown a little knife into your gut. You weren't able to fight the rest of the battle and you had ended up fine in the end, but Loki's face when he threw the knife into your gut still was engraved into your head.

Of course, you had to give the man a little credit. After all, he had made you the Avenger you are today. Was it not for him, you'd still be the reckless person you were then. The Avengers praised you for your growth, but they didn't realize it was out of terror of what you thought would happen if you didn't.

"I know you guys are a little hesitant and this may sound crazy, but Hela is back."

Bruce's jaw dropped. "Again?"

"Loki has nothing to do with this?" you questioned, propping your feet up onto the table. 

"Surprisingly, he was the one who notified me," Thor answered.

"It isn't a trick?" you squinted. 

"(Y/N)," Clint tried. "Thor has helped us numerous times, and it's only fair to help Asgard as well."

"What about your army?" Bruce asked Thor. His eyes were filled with nervousness. He had fought Hela once before and didn't look overly excited to fight against her again. Asgard had almost blown up, but they were somehow able to get Ragnarok to defeat Hela elsewhere. 

Thor shook his head. 

"Hela killed off your army?!" Tony exclaimed.

"Worse. They're on her side now."

"And this," you announced, sitting up straighter, "is exactly why I am not particularly fond of engaging in this war. Asgardians, no offense, are quite shady. We never know who is going to show up and who is going to switch sides. I'm sorry, Thor, but take your people and move elsewhere."

Thor visibly winced, and you almost felt bad for him.

"(Y/N), may I remind you that it is our job to do our best to protect everyone? Believe it or not, this is what you signed up for," Steve scolded. Steve looked around at the team. "We leave in two hours."

"Do whatever you must, but Heimdall will only have the portal open for two minutes to ensure no one else gets in or escapes," Thor added.

Everyone nodded and stood up to suit up. 

"Hey," Bruce said, grabbing your shoulder before you could flee the room. "What's really going on here?"

"I don't particularly trust Asgardians. You should know how it feels."

None of the Avengers knew that it was Loki who injured you. You didn't want to be prevented from joining another battle, so you blamed your bleeding side on a piece of flying shrapnel that had hit you hard.

"I do," Bruce admitted. "But Loki will help us just like he did last time Hela attacked. Loki switches sides depending on what will best benefit him. I disagree with his methods, but trust me, we're all against Hela. He isn't the bad guy."

You gave him a slight nod as you both parted your ways to prepare for battle. You did your best to find the wisdom in his words, but Loki and Asgard still bothered you. 

Once you were in your room, you grabbed your (Y/F/C) suit out of the closet and slid off your shirt. Your fingers brushed over the scar on your stomach. It was nearly faded, but still a reminder of the first time you failed. The mending on your uniform matched up perfectly with your scar. 

You were supposed to stay with Tony, but he had gotten occupied with some aliens. 

"Go follow Loki! I'll meet you there," he promised.

You nodded and ran off, Loki's golden crown catching your eye he was standing out in the open. This, you thought, was to your advantage. If you got closer, you could have a clean shot. You scaled the wall, and when you finally made it to the top, he was gone. Your pulse increased as you cocked your gun.

"You should have stayed with Stark," Loki grinned.

Before you could fire your gun, a sharp stab sliced into your stomach, and you fell to your knees, shocked. Dropped your gun. You were all alone, and no one could save you. 

Instead of flying off, Loki chuckled at your vulnerable state. He approached you slowly and grabbed the handle of the knife, pulling it out abruptly. You cried out as he did so, the wound now hurting more due to the openness of the wound. You placed your grimy hand on your side, but blood still found a way to seep between the gaps of your fingers.

"You're the one the Avengers chose to train? Of all of the thousands of applicants, they chose you?"

He found it so hilarious that he laughed at his words. 

"What is the meaning of this, Loki?" you seethed, his words hurting more than you were willing to admit.

"People were made to be ruled. If I can make an example out of you, I can have the world wrapped around my finger. In the end," he said, gesturing to your fallen self, "you will always kneel."

"Hey, (Y/N), are you almost ready to go?" Natasha asked, knocking on your door.

You blinked a couple of times to knock yourself out of the daze you were in. 

"Yeah," you said, opening the door while grabbing your gun off of the wall.

Natasha chuckled as you two walked down the hallway. 

"What?" you asked. 

"I still think it's funny that Stark let you have a custom-designed gun. You're the youngest of us all and you still get all the coolest gear."

"Come on, Nat, he gives you Black Widow bites."

She nodded. "I'm not the one jealous. You should see the way Clint and Steve eye your gun. You'd be surprised how much the others envy that gun of yours."

"Is everyone ready?" Thor asked the crew. Despite the large team the Avengers have, only Thor, Steve, Tony, Bruce, Natasha, Clint, and you were going. Everyone else was busy, but Valkyrie, Heimdall, Korg, and Loki were meeting you guys on Asgard. Still, you hoped this would be enough.

"Let's end Hela once and for all."

Part 2 coming out soon! Please vote and comment :)