The Trio

Synopsis: Bucky, Steve, and reader in the '20/'30/'40s. May do a couple of parts??? Let me know.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" you growled at the boys in the alley.

"Just let us walk you home. That's all," one of them insisted. 

You knew it was more than that, and you wanted no part of it whatsoever. 

You could tell by looking at the way they walked and talked that they weren't made of good character.

Your father, before he died, taught you two things that he said would be important. One, how to judge good character and to be a good person yourself, and two, self-defense, even though it was considered 'unladylike' for a woman to do so. 

"No," you replied, deadly serious. You were much shorter than these guys, but you hoped that your boldness would make up for that. 

"I'm afraid you don't have a choice, lady," the biggest guy said, coming close to you. His breath was hot on your face. 

He grabbed you by your wrists. You raised your foot in the air and slammed the heel of your shoe into his foot, causing him to cry out in pain and release you from his grasp. 

His gang shuffled in nervousness. 

"Don't just stand there!" The leader screamed. The boys were knocked out of their daze and ran towards you. 

"Great," you mumbled, you wouldn't be able to handle these guys on your own. Still, you made do with your shoes, slipping them off your feet and using them as a weapon. Heels were a pain, but when you travelled alone, you always made sure you had a pair on your feet. 

However, shoes weren't going to get you far. A arm grasped around your neck in a headlock, and every move you made caused his grip to tighten. You coughed, trying to suck in air to avoid passing out.

"Yeah, you better stay still," he snarled. 

"Yeah," a new voice joined as the guy holding you crumpled to the ground, "You better stay still."

You, unfortunately, got crushed by the guy who fell. The guy who helped you, though, rolled the guy off of you. 

You heaved in air as your body ached. 

"Are you okay, Miss?" the man asked, offering you a hand up. You gladly accepted it, stumbling to your feet. The man had dark hair and was accompanied by a shorter man with blond hair. 

"Yeah," you coughed. "I'm fine, but my mother will kill me for ruining this outifit and set of shoes." 

"Eh, just wait until she hears how you held your own against those guys, and she'll forgive you. Where did you learn how to fight like that?" the blond asked.

"My father, before he died. My mother works as a nurse now. She sent me to pick up some produce until those guys interrupted me," you told them, gesturing to the knocked out guys lying around the alley. "Thank you, by the way."

Your mother would have scolded you for telling these strangers those things, but you trusted them.

"No problem. The name's Bucky," get said, holding out his hand for a shake.

You turned to the shorter one and held out your hand. For some reason, a look of surprise spread across his face.

"I'm... Steve," he said, returning the handshake.

"(Y/N)," you smiled. 

"Do you want us to walk you home?" Bucky offered.

Your smile faltered. Had you been to quick to trust?