Chapter 10

(A/N: Man... I haven't updated this story for months... Better catch up!)

(Jonathan's POV)

While Jordan works on my M60E3, I walk through the armory to find more firearms. If I was an infantryman, I would choose the Marine's best friend. The M16A4 with the ACOG and an under-barrel M203 40-mm grenade launcher. I turn around to see an M16A4 with the attachments on top of an unfolded vest.

Me: Ah, well looky here! An M16 with my favorite attachments! *Grabs the rifle* Mmmm

Me: Ah, well looky here! An M16 with my favorite attachments! *Grabs the rifle* Mmmm... It has a good weight to it... *Aims at the ceiling* Hmm, I like this gun. *Looks at the switches* Ah, it has the three-round burst.

???: If you like it so much, why don't you add it to your weapon options?

I turn around to see Delta Force operative, Erik 'Maverick' Thorn, standing by the doorframe with a small smile.

 Erik: It's a Devil Dog's best friend, an M16

Me: *Looks at the gun* Indeed... This was my first gun before receiving the Mk. 48 Mod 0 LMG; it has excellent handling as well as great stopping power. *Puts down rifle* You know, I'm keeping this bad girl.

Erik: *Thumbs up* Awesome. *Clears throat* I'm going to refill my mag of .50 Beowulf.

Met: Alright, bet... I'll see ya in a few...

Erik: A'ight... See ya!

I grab a few mags of 5.56 before walking out of the armory and approaching Ela's dorm room. The door slides open to reveal Ela drawing some art of the USS Yorktown CV-10 in her WW2 phase.