Only memories

"Meredith! I'm here!" Said Derek in a loud voice. He had been waiting for her for a while and he had seen the fight he had with Arizona. This made him sad.
Meredith ran to Derek and she hugged him able to touch him. “ Hey I missed you..” she said.
Derek had been waiting for Meredith and missed her so much. When Meredith hugged him he put his arms around her very tightly, hoping she would never leave. He was so happy and he just stood there, hugging her, as if it was the end of the world.
Meredith had tears of joy running down her face as she hugged him and she buried her face into his shirt. She was content and safe in his arms.
Derek could hear Meredith crying and it made him cry a little out of joy. He couldn't believe they were together after so long. He didn't want her to leave even if it was the right thing to do.
Meredith rested in his arms and she spoke after a few minutes,” I love you so much” she said as she hugged him.
Derek herd her voice out of nowhere and as soon as he heard it, a chill went down his spine. He felt a little pain in his chest, because he knew they couldn't be together forever, but he said back "I love you so much"
“I’m never leaving you again...” Meredith said as she hugged him tighter then pulled away looking in Derek’s deep blue eyes.
Derek made direct eye contact with Meredith's beautiful green eyes. He didn't want her to leave either, but what about their kids. It would seem selfish but they had missed each other more than anything in the world. He pulled her closer for a hug and he tightly kept hugging her. He wanted to kiss her so bad after all of those years.
Meredith looked over his shoulder at the beach,” I’m sorry...” she mumbled a tear falling down her cheek as she hugged him.
Derek pulled her away from him and looked at her "what's wrong?" He said with a worried tone. He put his hands around her face and whiped her tears from her cheeks. He began to be sad and worried.
“ I-I let you go... I let you die...” Meredith said still crying. She had pulled the plug after all, she had killed him.
"No Meredith! It's not your fault. You couldn't have done anything, not anyone could do anything." Derek was letting some tears fall down his face, thinking about what had happened. It's wasn't her fault, he felts terrible that she was thinking that.
“ It is my fault I let you go I could h-have waited and you would have woken up..” Meredith’s voice was breaking.
"Meredith I was in a car crash! I didn't get a head ct. I was brain dead. There was nothing you could do." Derek's voice was cracking in the last sentence as he was waiting for Meredith to  cry, as he knew that she would be hurt by his words.
“ It should have been me instead...” Meredith said as she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. She was pouring out everything she had been bottling up since she died, she was broken much more broken then she let on.
"If you had been me I would have lost my mind. I would have wished I was dead so I could be with you. I would be broken." Derek wanted to cry but he couldn't, not at this moment his love of his life and him were finally together. He pulled her in for a kiss. He had missed it so much, he had almost forgotten it.
Meredith kissed him back pulling him closer to her. His words reflected how she felt but she pushed it all down, for herself, for her work, for the kids, for everyone. She was as dark and twisty as ever but she didn’t act like that.
Derek put his hands on her hips, and pulled closer to her. He could feel the chilly wind coming from the seaside. He was lost in his thoughts, he had missed meredith more than anything. He was so glad he was with her at this moment and was begging for it not to end.

“ I love you so much it hurts, I loved when we met even though I kicked you out, I loved our dream house and the candles, I love every moment we spend together and now I’m torn because I want to stay but the kids, if I go with you..” Meredith trailed off.
Derek remembered those moments better than any surgical procedure he had done. He could remember him proposing to her, him getting news about Meredith being pregnant with bailey. "I remember everything and every moment I've spend with you"

“ I want more moments with you because I don’t want 48 hours with you I want a lifetime, forever..” Meredith said. Her monitors started to beep in warning, she had to go.
Derek could feel Meredith fading away. "MEREDITH!! It's okay, you go, I'll be fine" he said, his voice faded and he started crying. He couldn't let her go, not when he could do something. He wanted to scream, as hard as he could. The pain was unbearable to him, he just wanted to end it all.

Meredith yelled,” DEREK NO!” she said before her eyes popped open, tears stung her eyes as she looked up at the ceiling, she realized now that she loved both Derek and Arizona. It was a twisted love triangle that would only happen to her.