Home sweet home

A.N: Not sure if my story will be safe for Ramadan (happy Ramadan to everyone who celebrates!). Just wanna clear that up.

They weren't far from the house but they walked as slowly as they could in order to enjoy as much time together as possible. They were walking holding hands, resting their heads on each other's shoulders. When they got home they entered the house and were greeted by Meredith's kids. Amelia was babysitting them for the past 2 weeks, taking shifts with Maggie
until Meredith was okay. Since Meredith was back Amelia just left and said goodbye to everyone.

Zola was chasing Bailey in the hallway to the kitchen while Ellis was sitting in the toyroom coloring her book with crayons. As soon as Meredith and Arizona opened the door, they were greeted by the kids.

"Mommy you're back!" Zola said and jumped into her arms.
Bailey smiled and gave her a hug while Ellis wasn't that bothered other than smiling and waving.

"Aunty Arizona!" Zola said while looking at Arizona with a smile on her face.

"Okay Zo-Zo I'll get ready with aunt Arizona and you go play in your room with Bailey okay?" Meredith told her.

Whenever Arizona was called 'aunt Arizona', she giggled and thought it was really funny. They did as she said and Meredith went to her room with Arizona. They walked on the stairs quickly while holding hands and got in Meredith's room as fast as possible. Because Arizona had some light luggage with her, she had to unpack her stuff.

"There's an emty closet next to mine so there's plenty of space for more clothes." Meredith told her.

She showed her exactly where she could put her clothes and gave her a hand. When they were done they were kind of tired. They fell back in the bed next to each other. Arizona reached for Meredith's hand and rubbed it gently. She moved closer to her, Meredith on the right side of the bed and Arizona on the left. Arizona put her arm over her tummy, pulling her closer. Meredith turned to face her and gave her a smile. They looked at each other and stopped everything else. That's all they needed to do in that moment.

After a couple of seconds their eye contact was stopped by Arizona's lips getting close to Meredith's. They closed their eyes and Meredith got on top of Arizona. Arizona deeped their kiss by moving her tounge down her throat. She moved her hand on Meredith's head and moving it onto her back. Meredith took off her buttoned-up shirt and threw it on the ground. After a couple of moments things were getting heated. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door.

Meredith immediately slipped to the other side of the bed, falling down the bed and picking up her shirt and fixing her hair. When she got dressed and seemed fine she looked at Arizona laughing.

"Come in!" She said.

Arizona looked at Meredith and started laughing as well. Nothing funny happened, it was just the inconvenient timing.

The bedroom door opened and Zola came in.

"Mom it's 5pm when can we have dinner?" Zola asked holding her apron.

"Maybe we can make dinner right now, right?" Meredith looked at Arizona and was waiting for her approval.

"Sounds good, let's bake cookies!" Arizona replied and smiled.

"Yay, chocolate chip cookies it is!" Zola replied and left the room immediately.

Meredith and Arizona got up from their places and joined Zola in the kitchen.

Meredith was getting the ingredients while Arizona was preparing the bowls and helped Zola put her apron on.

They made the cookie dough first and formed balls of dough. They put them in a baking tray.

"More chocolate!!" Zola demanded and grabbed the tray, dumping a box of chocolate chips on it. Meredith and Arizona laughed and cleaned up after the mess Zola made. After they put the cookies in the oven, they cleaned the kitchen, and by they I mean Arizona and Meredith. Zola went to the playroom to tell her siblings that they made cookies.

When Zola was gone Meredith looked at Arizona. She gave her a smile and kissed her cheek. It was random but they loved it. After that they sat in the couch and watched TV, while cuddling together. The kids were in the playroom, so they were alone.

"Do we have to tell them?" Arizona asked.

"About what?" Meredith replied with a surprised look in her face.

"About us. I'm not sure even how to explain. I think it's too early." She said.

"I know, let's not rush it." Meredith replied. They brushed it off and continued to watch TV.

Meredith was thinking about the gift she was going to give to Arizona. She ordered a custom made card with a voice recorded message. Someone would send it in tomorrow so it wasn't exactly for that day.

After an hour the cookies were baked and finally put in a snowman plate, forming a small mountain. They looked so good. Arizona got some milk from the refrigerator and put it in 5 glass cups.

"Cookies are done!" Meredith yelled from the kitchen and could immediately hear the kids' footsteps. They all got in the kitchen and sat in the kitchen island on some chairs.

"Oh these cookies are delicious!" The kids said with their mouth full.

"It's all because of you Zola and of course because of Arizona." Meredith replied and giggled.

"By the way why's aunt Arizona here?" Zola asked.

"Um, well," Meredith stuttered for a little and looked at Arizona in need for help.

"Right I'm here because um I need to um.. quarantine somewhere other than in a hotel. Yea, um my hotel isn't safe for COVID and um since I helped your mom with COVID um she offered that I stay here. Yeah, that's why" Arizona said and was relieved to come up with a believable excuse.

After that Meredith and Arizona cleaned the place and they all got ready to put the kids in bed. After the kids where all taken care of, they went downstairs and crawled into the couch and opened the TV.

They cuddled while watching and eating snacks. After it had been a couple of hours, it was already 1am. Meredith was asleep while Arizona was half asleep. She realized Meredith wasn't awake so she moved out of the couch and layed her down to sleep better, without waking her up. She made her as comfortable as she could and layed a blanket over her and a couple of pillows next to her. She closed the TV and sat on the chair near there and feel asleep.